Artic Cooler 7 for i7?

bummers...

I'll only do some minor overclocking 2.6-->3.0, but my case is a apevia-sniper G, which is only a midtower w/ 3 fans.

So I'm not sure whether I should stick with the stock cooler or get a new cooler that blows directly out of the case

How does it stack up against the Mugen2?

I've looked at it via newegg, and it seems to be a solid block of aluminum vs the copper pipes that the Mugen has...seems like a disadvantage?

Anyways, the two HSFs aren't extremely high end or that popular, so there aren't a lot of i7 benchmarks or reviews concerning them.

Also, I'd like to keep this under $40 if I can... =/

D3LTA09

Distinguished
May 19, 2008
posted this in another thread - http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/c [...] up_18.html, good review of coolers but missing the xigmatek cooler mentioned above. If you want quite mugen 2 is the way to go also has pretty good performance too, and whats more scythes customer service is better than I have had from any company hands down, ever! I posted on their EU forums about my mugen 2 missing a washer (turned out in was stuck in the box...) and within a week I had a pack sent to me from Japan, other companies your doing well when you get a reply within that time.

anwaz just my 2c

D3LTA09

Distinguished
May 19, 2008
Nice, yea thats my only complaint about mine is that you either have to mount it so the longer side runs parallel to your gpu/top of the case or if you have it the other way you can only have one fan in pull config as ram heatspreaders get in the way. It was ok with my super talent 6gb kit but my partiot kit is too large, same with pretty much every other decent ram kit, corsiar, ocz etc.

I can actually get the fan on over my ram but I dont like having any pressure on the dimm slots/sticks as it would be god awful to damage either a stick of ram or worse the slot itself. Can also be tight in terms of getting your case shut too, theres not a hell of a lot of leeway in my thermaltake mid tower.

anywaz enjoy!

ehanger

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
Im pretty sure that the ASUS P6T supports both LGA 1366 and 775 socket mounts. On my P6T vanilla there are two sets of mounting holes so im assuming they are for both sockets.

D3LTA09

Distinguished
May 19, 2008
Indeed, wonder why they decided to remove it on the deluxe then. ASUS should really advertise this if thats the case as Im sure it would influence some peoples decision to upgrade if their was one less part that would need upgrading.

I assume the base plates of the 775 coolers are big enough/suitable for i7 as many coolers have the option of 1366 retention kits.