How can I make a printscreen of my desktop?

August 22, 2005 1:41:07 PM

Hi,

How can I make a printscreen of my desktop?

Thank You
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 1:48:51 PM

new office 2003 user wrote:

> How can I make a printscreen of my desktop?

Back in the days of DOS, the PrintScrn key used to print the screen. But in
all versions of Windows, this works differently, and the name of the key is
now an anachronism.

To use the key, press it to capture an image of the entire screen, or press
alt-PrintScrn to capture an image of the active window. Either one captures
the image to the Windows clipboard. Once it's in the clipboard you can paste
(Ctrl-V) it into any application that supports graphics (Windows Paint,
other graphics programs, even your favorite word processor). You can edit or
add to the image as you wish, then print it.

This ability to manipulate the image in a program before printing it is an
improvement over the original DOS method of just printing it. But if you'd
like that old facility back, there are several third-party
freeware/shareware programs that can do this, such as PrintKey2000
(http://www.sharewarejunkies.com/00zwd2/printkey2000.htm).

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Thank You it worked as you stated I was using the alt key and it was only
printing the task bar, but now I know better due to your
explanation/instructions.

Thanks again

"Ken Blake" wrote:

> new office 2003 user wrote:
>
> > How can I make a printscreen of my desktop?
>
> Back in the days of DOS, the PrintScrn key used to print the screen. But in
> all versions of Windows, this works differently, and the name of the key is
> now an anachronism.
>

> To use the key, press it to capture an image of the entire screen, or press
> alt-PrintScrn to capture an image of the active window. Either one captures
> the image to the Windows clipboard. Once it's in the clipboard you can paste
> (Ctrl-V) it into any application that supports graphics (Windows Paint,
> other graphics programs, even your favorite word processor). You can edit or
> add to the image as you wish, then print it.
>

> This ability to manipulate the image in a program before printing it is an
> improvement over the original DOS method of just printing it. But if you'd
> like that old facility back, there are several third-party
> freeware/shareware programs that can do this, such as PrintKey2000
> (http://www.sharewarejunkies.com/00zwd2/printkey2000.htm).
>

> --
> Ken Blake
> Please Reply to the Newsgroup

August 22, 2005 3:47:19 PM

new office 2003 user wrote:

> Thank You it worked as you stated I was using the alt key and it was
> only printing the task bar, but now I know better due to your
> explanation/instructions.
>
> Thanks again

You're welcome. Glad to help.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup

> "Ken Blake" wrote:
>
>> new office 2003 user wrote:
>>
>>> How can I make a printscreen of my desktop?
>>
>> Back in the days of DOS, the PrintScrn key used to print the screen.
>> But in all versions of Windows, this works differently, and the name
>> of the key is now an anachronism.
>>

>> To use the key, press it to capture an image of the entire screen,
>> or press alt-PrintScrn to capture an image of the active window.
>> Either one captures the image to the Windows clipboard. Once it's in
>> the clipboard you can paste (Ctrl-V) it into any application that
>> supports graphics (Windows Paint, other graphics programs, even your
>> favorite word processor). You can edit or add to the image as you
>> wish, then print it.
>>

>> This ability to manipulate the image in a program before printing it
>> is an improvement over the original DOS method of just printing it.
>> But if you'd like that old facility back, there are several
>> third-party freeware/shareware programs that can do this, such as
>> PrintKey2000
>> (http://www.sharewarejunkies.com/00zwd2/printkey2000.htm).
>>

>> --
>> Ken Blake
>> Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 3:51:22 PM

How to PRINT SCREEN on a Windows XP Computer
http://www.entity.cc/ICONS/print-screen.php

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP