How can I make a printscreen of my desktop?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hi,

How can I make a printscreen of my desktop?

Thank You
4 answers Last reply
More about make printscreen desktop
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    new office 2003 user wrote:

    > How can I make a printscreen of my desktop?

    Back in the days of DOS, the PrintScrn key used to print the screen. But in
    all versions of Windows, this works differently, and the name of the key is
    now an anachronism.


    To use the key, press it to capture an image of the entire screen, or press
    alt-PrintScrn to capture an image of the active window. Either one captures
    the image to the Windows clipboard. Once it's in the clipboard you can paste
    (Ctrl-V) it into any application that supports graphics (Windows Paint,
    other graphics programs, even your favorite word processor). You can edit or
    add to the image as you wish, then print it.


    This ability to manipulate the image in a program before printing it is an
    improvement over the original DOS method of just printing it. But if you'd
    like that old facility back, there are several third-party
    freeware/shareware programs that can do this, such as PrintKey2000
    (http://www.sharewarejunkies.com/00zwd2/printkey2000.htm).


    --
    Ken Blake
    Please Reply to the Newsgroup
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    Thank You it worked as you stated I was using the alt key and it was only
    printing the task bar, but now I know better due to your
    explanation/instructions.

    Thanks again

    "Ken Blake" wrote:

    > new office 2003 user wrote:
    >
    > > How can I make a printscreen of my desktop?
    >
    > Back in the days of DOS, the PrintScrn key used to print the screen. But in
    > all versions of Windows, this works differently, and the name of the key is
    > now an anachronism.
    >
    >
    >
    > To use the key, press it to capture an image of the entire screen, or press
    > alt-PrintScrn to capture an image of the active window. Either one captures
    > the image to the Windows clipboard. Once it's in the clipboard you can paste
    > (Ctrl-V) it into any application that supports graphics (Windows Paint,
    > other graphics programs, even your favorite word processor). You can edit or
    > add to the image as you wish, then print it.
    >
    >
    >
    > This ability to manipulate the image in a program before printing it is an
    > improvement over the original DOS method of just printing it. But if you'd
    > like that old facility back, there are several third-party
    > freeware/shareware programs that can do this, such as PrintKey2000
    > (http://www.sharewarejunkies.com/00zwd2/printkey2000.htm).
    >
    >
    > --
    > Ken Blake
    > Please Reply to the Newsgroup
    >
    >
    >
    >
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    new office 2003 user wrote:

    > Thank You it worked as you stated I was using the alt key and it was
    > only printing the task bar, but now I know better due to your
    > explanation/instructions.
    >
    > Thanks again


    You're welcome. Glad to help.

    --
    Ken Blake
    Please Reply to the Newsgroup


    > "Ken Blake" wrote:
    >
    >> new office 2003 user wrote:
    >>
    >>> How can I make a printscreen of my desktop?
    >>
    >> Back in the days of DOS, the PrintScrn key used to print the screen.
    >> But in all versions of Windows, this works differently, and the name
    >> of the key is now an anachronism.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> To use the key, press it to capture an image of the entire screen,
    >> or press alt-PrintScrn to capture an image of the active window.
    >> Either one captures the image to the Windows clipboard. Once it's in
    >> the clipboard you can paste (Ctrl-V) it into any application that
    >> supports graphics (Windows Paint, other graphics programs, even your
    >> favorite word processor). You can edit or add to the image as you
    >> wish, then print it.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> This ability to manipulate the image in a program before printing it
    >> is an improvement over the original DOS method of just printing it.
    >> But if you'd like that old facility back, there are several
    >> third-party freeware/shareware programs that can do this, such as
    >> PrintKey2000
    >> (http://www.sharewarejunkies.com/00zwd2/printkey2000.htm).
    >>
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ken Blake
    >> Please Reply to the Newsgroup
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    How to PRINT SCREEN on a Windows XP Computer
    http://www.entity.cc/ICONS/print-screen.php

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User
    Microsoft Newsgroups

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "new office 2003 user" wrote:

    | Hi,
    |
    | How can I make a printscreen of my desktop?
    |
    | Thank You
Ask a new question

Read More

Desktops Microsoft Windows XP