Sign in with
Your question

My HDD work then suddely become unreadable

Last response: in Storage
October 27, 2009 5:18:06 PM

I sincerely hope I can seek assistance here with a problem I have. One of my non-system HDDs, a Seagate Baracuda 500GB, works for a couple of minutes in both Windows 7 and XP and then suddenly becomes unreadable. Disk Management detects the HDD but marks it as unreadable. It's a Dynamic Disk with an NTFS partition. I can't afford to format the disk as it has important data. I have a sinking feeling that it might be my MBR.

I really need help please with this problem.
a c 127 G Storage
October 27, 2009 5:31:34 PM

Post SMART data/screenshot please. Tried a different cable? Using native SATA power connector?
August 26, 2012 4:06:57 AM

sub mesa said:
Post SMART data/screenshot please. Tried a different cable? Using native SATA power connector?

I have an identical problem with a Seagate Barracuda. Cabling is directly from the mobo. Swapping to the other socket makes no difference (I have a Western Digital as well. I have tried both swapping at the mobo end, and swapping at the HD end.)
August 26, 2012 10:40:03 AM

G8crasha said:
I sincerely hope I can seek assistance here with a problem I have. One of my non-system HDDs, a Seagate Baracuda 500GB, works for a couple of minutes in both Windows 7 and XP and then suddenly becomes unreadable. Disk Management detects the HDD but marks it as unreadable. It's a Dynamic Disk with an NTFS partition. I can't afford to format the disk as it has important data. I have a sinking feeling that it might be my MBR.

I really need help please with this problem.

Any luck? My response in another forum is thatr thew HD is nearing its end. Copy what you can from it before it goes completely.
!