wirelessspeed

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2008
Dose anyone have suggestions for monitors that are bigger then 22" and will give good results with gameing same as the 22" and 19". or can point me to reviews newer then one year old technology.

wirelessspeed

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2008
thx for the Tip looking at your UltraSharp 2408WFP 24-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor with Height Adjustable Stand or Samsung 2693HM 26" Widescreen Black Flat Panel LCD Monitor with Height Adjustable Stand

Nils

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
Unless you have lots of money, I would not go for a 24" monitor. They cost a lot more just for those 2 extra inches. And if you find a 'cheap' one it will probably have a low response, bad contrast,... so that's not what you want for gaming. Besides they're heavier for you gfx, so you'll need a more expensive gfx (like physicz). Just go for 22" and spend some extra money on a good response.

They cost a lot more because they use a different panel technology that is a lot more accurate at color, and gives a wider viewing angle. Depending on how much that matters to you, it could definitely be worth the extra money, or it could be a waste.

hnml24

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
yep cjl is right ,
the most common 22" monitors use a TN panel ,
the pro of this panel are that is fast response and its cheap , it cons
are that you wont get a rich color is shows up to 256 color (i think) and mime the all others, and you cant watch the monitor from every viewing angles , the image will be twisted , color wont be the right colors and the images wont seem as it should be ,

on the other hand , the 24 inch panels uses more of the S-pva panels , and you can find a few but very expensive which use S-IPS panels.
the Pva , has a rich color (I just wanted to go and buy the 2408WFP but I wanted the A01 revision and not the A00 so I will have to wait (that's the way in Israel) and I saw for my self what an amazing pictures the monitor shows) , you can watch there anything you like from everywhere you like .
I tested games on this monitor its just perfect (for me ) so the pros are rich color and great viewing angles , while the cons are a little late response (5ms while TN has 2 ms ) more expensive monitor .

I think you should take a disk on key with pictures and just go see for your self how the monitors will produce this picture, ask the salesman to run a game on it , see if you feel the latency.

and just one more tip , remember that bottom line , there are only 3 companies that make monitor panels, and they are samsung , nec , phillips.

in my opinion after I saw the Dell 2408WFP A01 revision (the A00 has a 45ms latency about 3 frames and it got fixed in the A01 revision) , its the best right now.