Coder-for-hire sites ?

Tags:
October 17, 2004 2:14:19 AM

Anyone knows of a good programmer-for-hire sites for PalmOS C++
projects ?

I'm interested in a small personal project, willing to spend about
$150 and i'm looking for sites where i can post my project and get
bids by programmers.

Thanks.

More about : coder hire sites

October 20, 2004 12:51:16 AM

On 16 Oct 2004 22:14:19 -0700, qwerty97654@hotmail.com (Aristotle)
wrote:

>Anyone knows of a good programmer-for-hire sites for PalmOS C++
>projects ?
>
>I'm interested in a small personal project, willing to spend about
>$150 and i'm looking for sites where i can post my project and get
>bids by programmers.
>
>Thanks.

Since C++ is only one of several possible development environments for
Palm OS applications, you are restricting your options by specifying
the language.

A better choice would be to specify what Palm model(s), OS version(s),
and/or memory size(s) the application should work with. Then look for
someone who will create your application in a defined time frame and
for the specified price.

You can find more about me (and download sample applications) here:
http://www.jecarter.com
October 20, 2004 12:51:17 AM

For $150 he's not going to get much expertise.

Free software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

"John" <look@sig.net> wrote in message
> On 16 Oct 2004 22:14:19 -0700, qwerty97654@hotmail.com (Aristotle)
> wrote:
>
> >Anyone knows of a good programmer-for-hire sites for PalmOS C++
> >projects ?
> >
> >I'm interested in a small personal project, willing to spend about
> >$150 and i'm looking for sites where i can post my project and get
> >bids by programmers.
> >
> >Thanks.
>
> Since C++ is only one of several possible development environments for
> Palm OS applications, you are restricting your options by specifying
> the language.
>
> A better choice would be to specify what Palm model(s), OS version(s),
> and/or memory size(s) the application should work with. Then look for
> someone who will create your application in a defined time frame and
> for the specified price.
>
> You can find more about me (and download sample applications) here:
> http://www.jecarter.com

October 21, 2004 3:32:30 AM

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:33:46 -0700, "Baxter"
<lbax01.spamguard@baxcode.com> wrote:

>For $150 he's not going to get much expertise.

If he has a well-thought-out application and maybe some screen
designs, I would consider a weekend project.

If it's a "Why don't they?" idea with no background, I'm not
interested.

On the other hand, I'm semi-retired and do Palm development mostly to
keep my mind challenged. Even if it works out to $10/hour, it's more
than I make reading the newsgroups ;-)
!