Drive stopped showing up in Windows 7

Davo1703

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I have a 1 Terabyte Seagate drive (D: ) which is just used for storage of installed games, music, torrents, music vids and installers / applications. I have a 320gb Seagate drive that is split, 100gb for OS installation *windows 7* and the remainder for more storage.

Yesterday, I got home and booted up the pc, both drives show in BIOS and startup, however I can't access the terabyte drive in "my computer" now. I looked in device manager and the drive is there, although I can't populate it, it brings the message "volume information for this disk cannot be found."

I looked in Computer management and under disk management, I used to be able to view the drive, however now all I see is

Disk 0
Dynamic
Import Failed.

I ran HDD tune and access and write times to the drive are still normal, I'm just stumped as to why I can't access the drive. :( Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Win7 64bit OS
ST31000333AS - Affected drive

You can try DiskPatch to recover the volumes as basic
partitions. DiskPatch dynamic disk support:

- Only simple volumes, that do not span multiple disks and/or 'segments',
can be recovered.
- On disks that were upgraded from a Basic disk to a Dynamic disk at some
point, a complete basic partition table layout can be re-created.

DiskPatch can be found at: http://www.diydatarecovery.nl

coolfire2012

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
I have the same problem showed up today only in my case the affected HDD is 1TB Western Digital "WD10EARS" and working HDD is Seagate 160GB. So pls reply that weather or not you've tried DIskpatch or some other software and weather your problem resolved or not.