• NAS / RAID
  • Windows Server 2003
  • Servers
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
October 28, 2009 7:32:14 AM

Hi guys
my windows 2003 server running
this server has two HDDs (RAID 1) dynamic disks.
The "great" admin set the size of C only to 12 gigs (other partitions are over 100 gigs), and now my C: drive is only 400 mb free space left. How I can resize the C drive on dynamic disk?

Regards.

More about : resize dynamic system volume windows server 2003

a c 127 G Storage
October 28, 2009 7:35:29 AM

Make room at the end of partition C and use the "expand" feature in Disk Management. Probably you'd have to delete the partition that comes after C and re-create it after expanding C.
Related resources
November 9, 2010 6:40:51 AM

Extend dynamic system volume on Windows Server 2003 with server partition manager:

1. Convert dynamic disk to basic disk

2. Resize partition to extend system partition

3. Convert basic disk back to dynamic disk (this step not necessary)

Tips: It is important to backup data before resizing partition.
August 16, 2012 5:40:22 AM

Agree, I've used a free version of this aomei partiton assistant, it's cool
a b G Storage
August 16, 2012 7:40:00 AM

jimsky925 said:
I've found a tutorial here that explains more precisely on how to resize a system partition of windows 2003 server although this tool is simple to use, anyway, it's worth a try ;)  click here: http://www.partition-magic.org/windows-server-2003/exte...

The Partition Assistant could not work with dynamic disk, it only works on basic disk. Their company offer another software Dynamic Disk Manger which was special designed for Dynamic Disk.
August 21, 2012 7:34:33 AM

coco_Wung said:
Hi guys
my windows 2003 server running
this server has two HDDs (RAID 1) dynamic disks.
The "great" admin set the size of C only to 12 gigs (other partitions are over 100 gigs), and now my C: drive is only 400 mb free space left. How I can resize the C drive on dynamic disk?

Regards.

Hello, according to my experience, the partition assistant is the most helpful software to extend ur system partition in windows 2003 server. here i found u a tutorial to tell u what exact to do. http://www.partition-magic.org/windows-server-2003/resi...
August 28, 2012 2:23:00 AM

In order to maximize utilization of server storages and optimize server performance, it's a common need for system administrators to resize Windows Server 2008 partition. Although Windows Server 2008's Disk Management snap-in and Diskpart Command Line are available to resize partition, there are some limitations in both utilities.

For windows server 2003 partition and 2008 partition, Aomei partition assistant server edition is your best choice...

See more at: http://www.***/windows-server-2008/windows-server-2008-resize-partition.html
August 29, 2012 6:07:00 PM

The spamming of links to this company will stop.
!