Sign in with
Your question

Sound is too low in most games using headphines

Last response: in Windows XP
November 2, 2010 5:50:01 PM

has any one noticed that in-game sounds are too low or suppressed when using headphones.... i have tried many headphones like creative/ A4tech and plantronics 777 with or without it's bundled Dolby surrouns USD driver.. all gave low sound.

i mean is this common out there or is there a solution, i have checked all settings and all are set to the highest levels, is there some kind of a software that can force sound increase????
November 3, 2010 7:26:05 AM

Most of those cheesy walkman-type headphones are 32Ω

Try a good set of 8Ω headphones, they draw more actual power from your soundcard resulting in more volume... usually.

An exception would be the Koss® 150259 PortaPro Headphone. They are 60Ω and have an output of 101 dB SPL/1mW, so even a wimpy sound card will rock your world with these. Radio Shack can get them if you can't find a source.

Radio Shack
November 3, 2010 2:52:51 PM

thnx.....but the sound using other application, like listening to music or watchin movies is very good, especially with the plantronics 777, it is only when i play games that the sound gets so low!! :( 
Related resources
November 3, 2010 3:27:30 PM

smn_1010 said:
it is only when i play games that the sound gets so low!! :( 

Then you'll need to be a sleuth and find things like .ini files and search for properties that set sound levels in those games.
November 4, 2010 4:17:36 AM

Just wondering if you set your audio to 5.1? you should set it to stereo.
!