Dead after memory dump error?

walzy_318

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2008
I just recently built a new gaming computer and the comp has been running like a champ with no problems. However, I got a blue screen last night and ran a memory dump. Upon restart, the computer will not boot up at all. There is still power to the motherboard (Asus P5N-D has a green light indicating power), so I am baffled as to what it could be that is causing it to not boot up at all.

akhilles

Splendid
Clear cmos, remove all but 1 stick of ram, power on, load defaults in bios, up vdimm to specs, power off, install the rest of ram, power on, tab F8 at boot, go to safe mode, log in as admin, check for any errors, restart pc to normal mode.

On Vista after a BSOD, a pop-up will come up. There's a bsod code in it. Google it. If it's XP, you need the 0x000000?? & any filename and google them.

walzy_318

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2008

Maybe I should rephrase what is going on. After the memory dump it would seem as though the computer is a dead stick. It won't even start to boot, let alone allow me into BIOS. It all happened after this first memory dump and taking the RAM out did nothing to help it turn on. Like I said before, there is still power to the motherboard, and everything looks good on the PSU as far as being turned on. I checked all of the connections to the power button to make sure it was ok and it seems to be connected right. I have never encountered something like this before.

akhilles

Splendid
Just cuz the mobo gets power doesn't mean the ram is ok. If the cpu/ram settings are unstable, the pc will power on, but show a blank screen. Some mobos will go through power cycle on end.

Cheff

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2008
hi,
This just happened to me as well. The only difference is that its the second time i had the memory dump blue screen.
I had an extra mother board on hand (exact same as i had in it) and i replaced my old one in an attempt to fix my problem. no success.
I have 2 pieces of ram and i tried to remove 1 and leave the other for both. no success.
would u have any other suggestion as to what i could try? Should i try getting some cheap ram and replace the ones i have to see if they are the cause of my problem?

akhilles

Splendid
walzy_318, boot & post are different. Boot means loading OS. POST means the 1st screen with cpu & ram info. If you see part of POST, it may be ram. Unplug all ram sticks, try each stick in each slot.

Cheff, you see POST, and boot to OS, but the OS blue-screens, correct? It may be ram. Try each stick in each slot, go to bios, load defaults, up ddr2 voltage to 2.1v or specs, save & exit. Best list your specs.