Hdd recovery validation failled acer

wetha

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Hello guys!

I've been experimenting problems after I installed windows 7 on my laptop acer 5536. The partition D2D of acer doesn't work. I mean the function Alt+f10 didn't do anything, i've already checked that in the bios the d2d is enable. I've tried everything, run the commad mbrwrdos.exe install rtmbr.bin(this two files i found them on the internet because i looked on all the pqservice partition and i couldn't find them, they weren't there); that seemed to work at first but when the computer trie to access the recovery it gives me this message:

HDD RECOVERY VALIDATION FAILED

does anyone have the same problem? i've looked on other forums but they were in german chinese or russian. :(

wetha

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Sorry mate my english is not that brilliant. The thing is that I partitioned my HDD in two I one partition i got vista and in the other i installed windows 7.

D2D or PQSERVICE is the hidden recovery partition that comes with acer laptops, the Alt + f10 are the keys you need to press when you turn the laptop on to get into that partition. I mean to get into the acer recovery program. My HDD is not faulty is just that i cannot run the acer e-recovery magnament because when i try to access to the program it says "HDD recovery Validation failed"

I want to set my lapto to factory default

wetha

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
well think that's the answer, unfortunately I dont know if the warranty applies for my country (Venezuela) because I bought it in a different country (England). Thanks a lot and sorry for my delay

G

I had the same problem, with Medion Akoya laptop

As metioned above I had shrunk the C:\volume and created 2 extra volumes, once these were removed and C:\volume increased/resized back to original size.....the recovery console worked as usual :hello:
[I never add files to recovery partition!!!]
not sure if the other guy resized his C:\ drive back to fill unallocated space, after removal of say E:\ and F:\

TRENDING THREADS