Need a New Hard Drive

garm84

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
Hi all,

As of right now I need a New Hard drive. The one i have right now is WD 80gb and WD 40gb as of 120GB in total. 40GB is full the 80GB.

I am looking for a new hard drive that can fit 300 action pack games + OS. My space is full atm so i cant download anymore games to play.

Im looking for 2 Hard drives to put in Raid 0 for high Performance. Please note I do not want any of Western-Digital Velociraptor whitch they are way over priced. atm i can hold up to 3 hard drives in my case. will plan to upgrade to a diff case latter down the road. Also Im looking for a to back up all my HD, BLue ray movies That i have on the 40GB whitch is full. Im not sure geting a normal HD or geting a External Hard Drives. But not sure whitch one is the best atm. i never used one before. but always thought about it.

I will only accept Western-Digital HD's i have used them for 7 years and never once ever had a problem with it.

Hard drives im looking in two.
Value
Features
Quality
Performance

Thanks in advance for any help.

Garm

It's better to use Raid Edition drives, but not mandatory. It has to do with error correction. Error correction in a RAID array is performed in the RAID software and has a timeout factor. On a regular desktop drive, the error correction is performed by the drive and has a different timeout factor. The raid array timeout factor is less. If the time limit is exceeded it can cause a non-Raid certified drive to drop out of the array. Find out more here: http://www.wdc.com/en/library/sata/2579-001098.pdf