Someone with Antec900 case need comp. help

tbates1244

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
I need to know if someone knows if an asus P5Q mobo has the right amount/type of connections for the Antec900 case fans? Just curious to know before i buy them both.

tbates1244

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
Hey guys, I heard the same thing you guys said about the molex power, from someone else, except he said it would be best to plug the fan PS directly to the fan headers on the mobo. So do you guys know if the P5Q has these fan headers or why it's better? Any help?

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
It's not best, it's a different way. To connect to the Mobo you need the mini 3 pin connectors. Some fans have them, some don't. If you connect them to the mobo, then you can control the speeds by the bios and the temps your Mobo reports.

Most of us use the Mobo headers to control fans that blow directly onto Mobo parts. Like The CPU cooler, a fan for the NB, one for the mem etc.

Case fans are for general air flow and really don't need to be adjusted. I had a 900, put the two front on low, back one on med, get one for the door, put on Low, and the top 200mm on Med. Silent and great airflow in the case.

If you must have adjustable fans on the case, get a fan controller to control them all.

tbates1244

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
Thanks for the reply Conumdrum, I'v been wating on a full answer. I plan on getting a Artic cooler for a q6600 and putting them both in a antec900 case soon. I hope the case runs as great for me as for you. Oh, so do you see any conflicts with that mobo/cpu-cooler/case setup. Thanks for the replies keep em up its a first build.

hnml24

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
the only problem with this case is cable management,
so you can drill the mobo tray for holes to lead you cables throw
or just put it as a big mess like a lot are doing (I drilled and passed the cables throw the holes.