Your question

EVGA 8800 GT black outs

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • EVGA
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 17, 2008 12:52:33 AM

Hey guys I recenly bought the EVGA 8800 GT Graphics Card from Newegg.com and on the first day I put in BF2 and started playing. About 10 minutes later the screen went black and i had to restart the computer every since than the graphics card keeps blacking out the screen. What is wrong with it? Or is it something else? Please help!

More about : evga 8800 black outs

July 17, 2008 1:04:56 AM

hackster123 what is the rest of pc spec? psu ram mobo = help!
July 17, 2008 1:18:24 PM

(2x2024mb) ddr2 corsair ram, 2.4 GHz 6600 intel core 2 quad, OCZ GameXstream 700w power supply, Gigabyte S-series motherboard GA-EP35-DS3L.
Related resources
July 17, 2008 2:25:56 PM

Try some of these basic things first.
- Check all your connections, make sure nothing's loose. Push in and tighten all the jacks, plugs, connectors, etc. that you can.
- Blow away any dust around your main components (Mobo, CPU, PSU, GPU, etc)
- Check your temperatures, make sure nothing's getting too hot and overheating
- Make sure all the power plugs from your PSU are going to all your components correctly and securely
- If the computer runs for long enough, try doing some basic maintanence on your OS. Defrags, spyware/malware scans, virus scans, etc.

If none of that works, then I'd say it's time to look at real hardware problems.
July 18, 2008 2:56:16 PM

Hackster, are you using the EVGA Precision Utility? Found here: http://www.evga.com/articles/405.asp . I've noticed out-of-box; that many users have complained, (on the 'Egg, and EVGA's forums), of cards heating up due to the fan sitting around 30% even under load w/o that.... Maybe give it a go if you haven't already, and GL!
!