Intel 80 GB X-25-M SLC prices

cafrush

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
Most of the internet sellers seem to be out of stock on the Intel X25-M MLC SSD. If I can't find that I may go to the SLC configuration, which is more expensive but writes to disk much faster. Also I note that in various internet links they say this or that rebate is available but when you get there, it's gone -- if it ever existed.--Charlie in San Antone

Solution
There is no X25-M SLC. It doesn't exist.

The SLC model is the X25-E, which is available in 32 or 64GB capacities. It really isn't worth it though - I would get the M, which is available in many places. B&H Photo Video is where I got mine - they claim something like a 2 week backorder, but mine shipped in 3 days.
There is no X25-M SLC. It doesn't exist.

The SLC model is the X25-E, which is available in 32 or 64GB capacities. It really isn't worth it though - I would get the M, which is available in many places. B&H Photo Video is where I got mine - they claim something like a 2 week backorder, but mine shipped in 3 days.

Solution

cafrush

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009

Back at ya......
Thank you for your response and the information. While trying to cobble together a PC configuration, I am finding that if one online PC maker has the SSD I want, it doesn't have the motherboard or the processor I prefer. And if another has the motherboard or the processor I want, it doesn't offer SSDs. And on and on. It's a tiring road I go down but I thank you for your quick response and your help.--Buckeye Charlie