new build going to order soon (help)

APEVIA X-JUPITER S-Type X-JUPITERS-MG Metallic Gray Aluminum

Seagate Barracuda ES ST3250620NS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s

ViewSonic Optiquest Series Q241wb Black 24" 5ms Widescreen LCD

ASUS EAH4850/HTDI/512M Radeon HD 4850 512MB

OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI 700W ATX12V Power Supply

CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)x2 8gb

GIGABYTE GA-X48-DS4 LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 Yorkfield 2.66GHz

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit

any suggestions i'm only using the 4850 until i pay this off and can get 4870x2
7 answers Last reply
More about build order help
  1. Get a 500GB Hard drive, they aren't very expensive.

    Get a PC Power & Cooling power supply, they are one of the best brands.

    You don't need a X48 mobo unless you're going to SLi/Crossfire, so get a P35 or P45 mobo.
  2. efx92 said:
    Get a 500GB Hard drive, they aren't very expensive.

    Get a PC Power & Cooling power supply, they are one of the best brands.

    You don't need a X48 mobo unless you're going to SLi/Crossfire, so get a P35 or P45 mobo.


    i have an ext. hd with all my games and what not on it,

    PC Power & Cooling PPCS750QBL Silencer 750W ($139.99 after $25.00 Mail-InRebate pdf )
    or
    PC Power & Cooling S75QB 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($119.99 after $30.00 Mail-In
    Rebate pdf )
    i guess i forgot to mention that i was going to see how the 4780 1gb and 4780x2 do and probally crossfire one or the other.
  3. Get the silencer PSU if you can afford it, if not then get the other one you listed.

    If you are going to Crossfire then get an X38 mobo(I prefer Gigabyte brand)it's cheaper than the X48 and you can still Crossfire/SLi.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128089 it's out of stock right now though.
  4. efx92 said:
    Get the silencer PSU if you can afford it, if not then get the other one you listed.

    If you are going to Crossfire then get an X38 mobo(I prefer Gigabyte brand)it's cheaper than the X48 and you can still Crossfire/SLi.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128089 it's out of stock right now though.
  5. I've never used an open box item before, but I assume if they are selling them then they are ok to use, I'm sure they have some sort of return policy for them.
  6. efx92 said:
    I've never used an open box item before, but I assume if they are selling them then they are ok to use, I'm sure they have some sort of return policy for them.


    they didnt have any in stock and neither is the one u listed, any idea when it comes in stock?
  7. Not sure, if you want get the Gigabyte X48 mobo, it's not that much more expensive unless you want to wait for the X38 to come back in stock. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128336
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product