Error on hard disc xp installation

mohsin11

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
dear sir when i start my laptop with windows xp instalation , he will generate a no hard found ,so plz tell me about this error,
when i am go on bios setup, he will show (Sc) option. when i am install the windows vista, he show the hard disc,

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
so the xp install disc dosn't see the drive but the vista one does? did you change anything else or just the disc?

the only thing i can think of that would cause that is if your drives are set to ahci. because xp does not come with ahci drivers, if that is the issue it can be resolved by changing you bios settings.

If you have copies of both you are better off running vista than xp.

Exactly the problem. XP does not contain the drivers you need for AHCI mode, Vista does. If you need to install XP first because you have an upgrade version of Vista, just the set the controller to IDE mode. Install XP, then just before you insert the Vista install disk, go back into the BIOS and change to AHCI mode.
If you just want to install XP only, and you want to run in AHCI mode, you have to supply the drivers to the XP install via the "F6" key when prompted.