4850 Powering

zman4700

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2007
Hello,
I have 2 4850's running in crossfire, I have a 600 watt power supply and a 450 watt juice box which i have powering the cards (pretty sure i have it set up correctly). Everytime i run a game it closes and says atimkdag display drivers have recovered successfully. I'm thinking that its something to do with the power because I have red lights near my cards on the mobo. Could this be it or something else, because I have over a thousand watts running.
Thanks,
Zman

zman4700

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2007
ok i did it and the light is still on but now my computer went into 800x600 resolution and catalyst won't work because it says there r no drivers for some reason. any ideas?

mrmez

Splendid
Use the other card now. Make sure its not a bad card. U can also try another slot, tho bad slots are very rare. Also try the other dvi connection, very rare problem also.

After that try uninstall all ati drivers and software in safe mode, or use a driver uninstall program. Restart. Then reinstall the last official version. 8.6?

If that doesnt work ur kinda in trouble.

zman4700

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2007
Ok so i guess one of my cards broke because whenever I put in that one card in the screen display is all messed up and stuff. So I'm going to send it back to newegg for a replacement. In the meantime I tried running the other card alone, and i stopped getting the atimkdag error! I'm very happy but I also noticed that when I was in crossfire the fps was the exact same except it was crashing.