Gigabyte X48T-DQ6 Problem ! please help me !

The_Drunky_King

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2008
Hi there !
I just bought Gigabyte X48T-DQ6. I connected all cables and stuff ...

CPU - Quad Q9550
Video - GeForce 8600GT
RAM - OCZ 2GB (2x1GB)

Now when I connect power to PC its start working but then its resetting all the time every 10-20seconds. I dont even have a time to enter BIOS. I dont know what to do maybe you can help me. Besides I noticed that temperature of cooling devices are somehow warm.

Please help me !

Thanks

The_Drunky_King

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2008
When i connected CPU cooler 1/4 clips broke, but it sits ok. I think that motherboard cooler devices getiing too much heat and i dont know why. I got some time to check BIOS previous time and I turned on Standart mode for CPU instead of Turbo.
Hope it helps.
And if u have any suggestions about cooler system i can connect to my board i'd like to hear that.

The_Drunky_King

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2008
Ok I found the problem but not the solution. Whole motherboard are extremely hot after few minutes. Video card, CPU itself and Gigabyte's cooling on motherboard (orange thingies) they all very hot. But CPU is very but VERY hot ! All hardware absolutely new, even PC case.
Should i send my board to lab for fixing or optimizing ?

rgsaunders

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2007
If your cooler has a broken clip, then it is basically useless. Get a proper cooler and have it installed by someone who knows what they are doing. Also have them assess the cooling airflow in your case and rectify any shortcomings. Do not run your system until these problems are fixed or else you will probably ruin your cpu and/or other components.

bladeguy3000

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
I have got the same problem. I sent the motherboard to my dealer and they showed the motherboard was ok... :fou: http://www.pccomponentes.com/flvplayer/player.php?video=RMA-8334.flv

But when i try it again, with a Quad Core Q9550 and ATI Radeon 4870 X2 it stil restarts in 5 or 6 seconds... It cannot even show any image in the monitor ("no signal" appears in the monitor)...

The cooler is a Zalman... What could be the problem??? Thank you

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
Take the board out of the case and fire it up on an insulating surface. (just like they did in bladeguy's video)

I am curious if you have some sort of grounding with the case. You did properly install the risers?

Also, you need to fix your heatsink. It is NOT ok to run it with 3 push pins or clips. What heat sink are you using...the Intel stock? You can either buy a $40 heatsink or buy another $300 CPU. Easy choice if you ask me. If you run it without tightening it down you WILL hurt your CPU. Learn your lesson now and take the cheaper way out before you have to replace your CPU.

bilbat

Splendid
If SpinachEater wasn't firm enough for you:

You MUST repair or replace your heatsink, and if you can repair it, you will need thermal compound to 'thermally connect' it to your chip. CPU's produce a TON of waste heat, and CANNOT POSSIBLY dissipate it unaided. That 9550 has 820 million transistors, & they COOK at 2GHz+. Gb boards have an overtemp cutout in the BIOS, & will shut off to (hopefully) protect your CPU. That's probably what you're seeing...

Also, bladeguy3000, have you updated your BIOS? It seems to me that a lot of Gb's high-end boards have some problems with the 4870's, & require the latest BIOS to work... Also, a good way to help in diagnosis is to try to boot with one stick of RAM, and one video card, & go from there.