Help needed on this Desktop!

Hi all, hope you guys can help, for the last three years ive been hooked on WOW , yes i know arnt i cool and ive always played it on a comp that was like 3 sec behind the rest of the known wow population, this made it hard to play properly .
So ive decided that i want a computer that can play wow on its highest graphics in complete HD, now i know thats not alot and i wont need a comp that great to do that but saying that i would also like a computer that can play such games as Call of duty 4 on fairly high graphics , nothing that will make me wet myself and cry in wonder but something that can make playing a game actually fun instead of laggy and unimpressive.I will also be purchasing a HD moniter but thats another story and one that is for another day . Now all you fellow readers bare in mind i want to spend as small amount of money as possible , im not looking for a top end generation Super computer just something that will make me be able to play some of the games ive always wanted. Renently ive been looking at this computer http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3142609&CatId=2630

This computer is basicly Visionman Intel Gaming PC - Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180, 2GB DDR2-667, NVIDIA 8600GT 512MB DX10, 250GB SATA-2, 20X DL Lightscribe DVDRW, Media Reader, Logitech Speakers, No OS, 585 Watt PSU.

Now at 599.99 US Dollar = 380.003 Euro in my eyes that doesnt seem like a bad deal, but what do i know.

What i would realy like to know is can this game play WOW on full and i realy mean 100% best graphics possible on a HD moniter, can this game play Call of Duty 4 on graphics that will please the eye and make playing fun and easy and also i would like to know if it can play Oblivion Elderscrolls 4 on fair enough graphics.

I dont think i posted this in the right place but i cudnt find any other sites or places on this site to post it , Im a complete twat when it comes to the actual hardware of a computer so your help is apreciated so danm much thanks =)
5 answers Last reply
More about help needed desktop
  1. Yes, it will run WoW on high settings. But Call of Duty4 will struggle. That price for a machine with such low specs and no monitor included is terrible. It also doesn't give any details on motherboard, in other words, expect bottlenecking and no overclocking. You should either build one yourself or get something cheaper.
  2. Wow ok thank you
  3. Just wundering but what about this system, 1 will it play wow at high graphics and the other games and 2 is it worth the money?
  4. I'm going to warn you. My computer is a pretty up to date system. I have dual 8800 gts video cards, 3 gigs of ram, a dual core e6600 processor and when I run wow at highest settings i cap out around 40fps dipping to around 15 at some points. Now my brother has a 2.2 ghz Dual core (forget the model #) and a 4 year old ati radeon x700 pro and 2 gigs of ram, running vista home premium. He can play wow at 200fps in windowed mode maxed settings with aero enabled. I dont really know whats going on there, but it almost seems that wow is not really compatible with newer video cards or something. I dont really know.
  5. vnderachiever said:
    I'm going to warn you. My computer is a pretty up to date system. I have dual 8800 gts video cards, 3 gigs of ram, a dual core e6600 processor and when I run wow at highest settings i cap out around 40fps dipping to around 15 at some points. Now my brother has a 2.2 ghz Dual core (forget the model #) and a 4 year old ati radeon x700 pro and 2 gigs of ram, running vista home premium. He can play wow at 200fps in windowed mode maxed settings with aero enabled. I dont really know whats going on there, but it almost seems that wow is not really compatible with newer video cards or something. I dont really know.

Some plugins are buggy. If you run them, they'll lag down your system.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt World Of Warcraft Systems