Just a random thought about tubing.

Nickos

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009
G'day,
Okay, here's my friends problem.
He bought a T.T Bigwater760i. and he doesn't like the colour (<-- just Remembered i have to install an Australian dictionary)
he has massive trust issues and will only buy from PC case gear
but his Bigwater760i says it needs 3/8 tubing when the only one PC case gear sells is 1/2.
now Is this not a problem will the tubing just fit any how,
or will he have to buy the Iconnect69 (hahaahha if you live in with perverts that is pretty funny)

IF i am not making it very clear.
(in short)
will 1/2 tubing work fine where 3/8 tubing is recommended.

Cheers,
Nickos

wuzy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
Check to see if 1/2" is referring to Inner diameter(ID) or outer diameter(OD). Bigwater 760i uses 3/8" ID and if you use 1/2" ID tubing, it's just way too big for the barbs.

or will he have to buy the Iconnect69 (hahaahha if you live in with perverts that is pretty funny)
ROFLMAO!!!

Nickos

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009
Thanks everyone He has ordered his unit, and we will see.

@rubix_1011
I have heard people complain about the "quick connectors' but that was because of incorrect installation, but i haven't heard it been rated as "junk" it's a cheap option so yes it's not going to have temps like 5 degrees or anything. anyway pacifically What part is junk? (Rad-pump-res)

@wuzy.
ROFLMAO!!!
yea. surly someone at T.T would have known about that?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
The pump is low quality/low pressure/low flow. The rad (I think) is aluminium...but I could be wrong. If it is Al, then the cooling capability is lower quality for cooling vs. most mid-range to performance rads. On top of that, the blocks aren't designed nearly as well to exchange heat from the CPU into the coolant stream.

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
It's panned at all watercooling forums everywhere as cheap, ineficient, and is usually replaced in less than a year by better parts. Sometimes it's replaced because it broke and leaked all over the place, other times because the pump dies, and lastly when it's just unable to cool worth a damn.

wuzy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
It's mostly the weak pump (low head pressure), tampon-thin waterblock and I think 760i still employs the heatcore/condensor design for radiator which is inferior to the modern 2-pass design.

Then again proper watercooling setup for CPU-only loop costs >$220 and is targeted for highly OC'd quadcore outputting more than 200W to see performance benefit over 120mm-class aircooling.

Nickos

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009
Yep,
It is utter s**T broke after 2 minutes of use, Pump doesn't even move the dam water.
Thank freaking god I didn't end up buying a Xaser vi with that thing built in.
and this was meant to restore his faith in Thermaltake but...
so whats best for AM3 watercooling?

IH8U

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
Honestly if you want a kit look into Swiftech. Myself I'd go with a Swiftech Rad, and Pump. Danger Den waterblocks, and Tygon tubing. If you must have a premix coolant, go with CLEAR Fesser 1. Otherwise go with 90% distilled water, and 10% antifreeze.

wuzy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009

Aye
Or the Heatkiller 3.0 LT if don't want the copper bling to save cost. The third version Heatkiller 3.0 LC is the one not to get, base with reduced water channels.

Otherwise for $/performance the Dtek FuZion v2 is also a good candidate.