Sign in with
Your question

Hp photosmart essential

Last response: in Windows XP
November 3, 2010 7:08:16 PM

Hello,
when I click on the icon on my desktop it will not open I tried everything. I uninstalled prg and reinstalled and it still wont open. I was wondering where i look' if I or someone somehow blocked this prg from opening. All other desktop icons open.

More about : photosmart essential

November 4, 2010 3:11:17 AM

when you do a fresh install of photosmart, delete the old version, turn off the antivirus first, then install it.
after restarting computer, turn the antivirus back on.
also security software may prevent a program from running.
November 7, 2010 10:42:24 PM

Thank you. I tried turning off the antivirus and reinstalled and then deleted the old prg. The icon will not open. I tried to open it everyway possible. When I insert the sd card ,that wld also open up the program automatically but now it wont. Do you think something is wrong with the application? It has been working for a year and a half then suddenly stopped. I thought maybe someone accidentally blocked it from opening. HP wont help me because my warranty is up. Its so frustrating, I have a two year old and all his pictures on in that program and bday pics on sd card. Plz help me if you can.
November 9, 2010 12:23:36 AM

well wait, delete all the HP stuff first.
go into start, my computer, add remove programs, look at the list.
delete the HP one item at a time, and get it all out. delete any other printer stuff. restart the computer.
now find and shut off the antivirus, are you sure there is only one running?
!