Pc streaming with wired denon a/v receiver on wireless network
I have a denon 4310 a/v receiver (wired to my linksys router) that will stream music/pictures from a pc. MY pc is connected wirelessly to the same router. I can see the stereo on my router but not on my pc. I'm running xp and using trend micro for my firewall and virus protection. How can I get the two of them to talk so I can stream my music? Thanks for your help.
After some more looking (and some sleep) i found this answer that worked in case anyone else has this or a similar problem.
(From windows website)
Lets go ahead and make sure that "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service" is enabled and started. Please follow the steps bellow.
1. Click on "Start".
2. Right click on "Computer" and select "Manage".
3. A new windows should appear titled "Computer Management". On the left pane of the window select "Services and Applications"
4. Now select "Services"
5. Scroll down until you see "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service" double click on it.
6. What does it say under "Startup Type"?
7. What does it say next to "Service Status"?
8. If it says "Stopped" under "Service Status" then lets click on the "Start" button.
After I did this it found my receiver immediately.