Windows xp hangs playing games

my computer hangs when playing games. the keybord and the mouse does not respond unless reboot
7 answers Last reply
More about windows hangs playing games
  1. What game are you playing? Is it a game that's installed on your computer or a game through the internet?

Does it always hang on that same game or hangs/not responding to all games?
  2. Check the event viewer. It's likely recording an error.
    start-->run-->eventvwr.msc-->look at the application and system logs for errors (red X's)
  3. My pc is dual core 2 (2ghz) ram 1g(DDR2), videocard 256(Geforce), HDD 80g. Im using XP Sp3. its a new format and newly window installed and all drivers requirement. i have the same case, pc hang during any kind of games like DOTA, Crossfire and any other online game. I clean my pc all throughout. I even use and test other working videocard and memory, HDD even cpu fan. but nothing happen the pc still hang. please what other solution i can do?
  4. Quote:
    my computer hangs when playing games. the keybord and the mouse does not respond unless reboot

Does this computer have a single core processor?
    You may be running out of processor space, typical cause of hang.
  5. The minimum requirement is
    * CPU : Pentium 4 1.5 GH
    * MEMORY : 512 MB
    * VIDEO CARD : GeForce 5600
    * HARDDISK SPACE : 1,2 GB
    * OPERATING SYSTEM : Windows XP atau Vista
    * DIRECTX VERSION : 9.0c atau sebelumnya
    * INTERNET CONNECTION : Cable/DSL atau lebih
    http://minimumsystemrequirements.net/crossfire.html

can it be possible due to some antivirus or firewall programs conflicting? and how fast is your Internet?
  6. restie381 said:
    My pc is dual core 2 (2ghz) ram 1g(DDR2), videocard 256(Geforce), HDD 80g. Im using XP Sp3. its a new format and newly window installed and all drivers requirement. i have the same case, pc hang during any kind of games like DOTA, Crossfire and any other online game. I clean my pc all throughout. I even use and test other working videocard and memory, HDD even cpu fan. but nothing happen the pc still hang. please what other solution i can do?

how to solve this problem?
    do u have any idea?my com will also hang when playing dota
  7. same problem with restie381
    my computer will also hanging when playing game such as dota
    the problem will always occur
    if someone have solution teach me pls...thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Mice Computers Games Windows XP