wesley_huddleston1

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2008
I recently purchased an ageia physx processor and I thought it was incompatible with my setup for a couple of months but I recently discovered that when I pull one of my RAM sticks out I can use my card all day long. my specs are in my signature.
I am running Vista x64 Ultimate. The problem occurs when the Windows loading screen normally occurs The screen goes blank and the computer is non responsive even after you manually shut the computer down with the power button the usb ports still receive power.

Get memtest86 and give it a run overnight to see if you have any errors.

You just burn the iso file to a CD with your favorite burring app(Burn image, NOT just burn the file it self). reboot and make sure the system is set to boot from CD.
http://www.memtest.org/#downiso and select Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)

Also make sure you have the latest driver for the card.

wesley_huddleston1

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2008
the memtest came up clean but the guy from G.SKILL thinks its a problem with the way my motherboard addresses the memory.
I don't know because I have no clue about memory addressing.

How many passes did you run? sometimes it takes a while to get it to error if the stick is just on the edge of bad.

have you checked to make sure your motherboard has the latest bios?

Do you also have the latest drivers for all your system? You got the drivers from the website not the cd right?

I sure hope the drivers do not have issues with too much ram(some do), Vista 64 can address more memory then its 32 bit counterpart.