How to transfer emails to a new computer

Pertigal

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
Hello, I had a tech transfer my email from MS Outlook 2007 on the old XP comp to MS Outlook 2007 Enterprise (he put that on) on the new one. All my attachments and photos are gone! I still have the old computer with the original emails. What do I have to do to transfer them and keep them intact? Thank you.

Go into Users>{yourname} and look around for a folder called Downloads - it may be in Documents. Technically they should have gone in there but in reality, they could be anywhere. If you have the name of one file you can be certain of, run a search for that and note where it's living then go there and see what else is in there with it.

No - on the old one to which the files were originally downloaded. When you find them, save them to a memory stick or other external drive and transfer them to the new machine. You could network the two machines together for file sharing if you wish.[/#000ff]

You're very welcome and yes, he is but he's one big wimp and is still shaking from the effects of the fireworks around here last evening. More to come tonight and he'll be scared out his wits.
[/#000ff]