What temps do I believe?

tecmo34

Administrator
I recently noticed that depending on what temperature monitoring program I use I get different temps... roughly 10C apart each...

SpeedFan - 25C
RealTemp - 33C
CoreTemp - 45C

I don't understand how three different softwares are reading the temperatures different. I monitor my CPU temps with RealTemp, since I trust it the most (and it's in the middel :D) but I'm just confused why I have three different readings depending on the program. I have no stability issues and everything runs great but just doesn't make sense to me.

Would you trust one software over another? Example: ... SpeedFan is the most accurate of the softwares... CoreTemp can't be trusted... Real Temp RULES!... etc. or should I look to download and get EVEREST Ultimate Edition and forget about the other three programs? Basically, I'm looking to know what software I should use to monitor my temps and forget about the rest....

Thanks for your feedback!! :hello:

tecmo34

Administrator
After reading Proixmon's "Some notes on applying thermal paste to the Xigmatek" thread, do you think I should remove my heatsink and re-apply my Arctic Silver 5 as he discribes? I did pretty much the "standard way" but my temps aren't that high so I figure I might be okay... If I should, I would only think I would have to add the additional lines after I clean off the Arctic Silver, since my first application should've filled in the gaps?

What does everyone think??

Also, since I have already installed the back plate, I won't have to take the motherboard back out to install the cooler back on.... would I??

TRENDING THREADS