Asus Drive Xpert and Win 7 install

WildHare

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
I am running vista 64 and considering fresh install of Win 7. My question is this: I am running Asus Drive Xpert and have all my files backed up on two identical drives (i.e., backup option). When I reinstall everything, will I be able to access these drives as is, without loosing data? Thanks

WildHare

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
Update/resolution: Backed everything up to be safe, but installed Win 7 with no problems, the settings in the BIOS was enough to make the everything visible immediately. Probably was a dumb question, but now if anyone else wonders the same thing they might find this solution by searching.

ajaytuty

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010

Hello WildHare,
Definitely not a dumb question, I have been searching for someone with the same question as mine
“I am running vista 64 and considering fresh install of Win 7. My question is this: I am running Asus Drive Xpert and have all my files backed up on two identical drives (i.e., backup option). When I reinstall
everything, will I be able to access these drives as is, without loosing data? Thanks
Update/resolution: Backed everything up to be safe, but installed Win 7 with no problems, the settings in the BIOS was enough to make the everything visible immediately.”

Can you please tell me in more detail the steps involved? I have been trying to find an answer for 1 week now and your post is the closest answer. I am running XP.

Thanks
Aj