No Monitor Signal, No Beeps, No Nothing

odie1941

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
Folks,

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

(Yes she's old - getting married in 5 weeks - cannot spend a dime for an SLI rebuild just yet, lol)

Asus P4C800E Deluxe
3.2 HT Intel
ATI 1600X 512
1.5 Kingston Dual RAM
2 80 GB Maxtor HD's
Samsung CD Rom

MY computer started acting funny and random for the past few months - upon startup - monitor occasionally would not get a signal, after retrying 2-5 times - it usually kicked on. And then one day - after a freeze and hard reboot - it never came back. When I started up - everything seemed and sounded fine, optical mouse would light up, keyboard, etc (I use the PS2 connections) - except no monitor signal.

I upgraded my power supply too 500Watt (was formerly 350), thinking I was at the minimum - again all worked fine for the past year until a few months back) - same issue, except I now dont even get a signal to my mouse and keyboard, along with no monitor signal.

Tested the following:
Vid Card, swapped out 2 known working ones to no avail.
Swapped out to a P4P800E mobo, rebuilt - same issue.
Replaced all HDD, CD, Floppy cables
Replaced floppy / CD (extra hardware, all known to work)
Tested the monitor with laptop - works just fine

I am at a lost. About to try: incremental RAM slots, Hard drives..

I have spent a good 2 days with this and due to upcoming wedding MUST GET GAMING IN...

Thanks in advance for any solutions.

Cheers,
Odie1941

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
Start with just taking everything out except for 1 stick of ram, the cpu, and video card (if there ins't an onboard video card). Make sure the 20/24 pin and the 4/8 pin connector are both plugged in.

If it does start up with a new mobo, then you will have to do a clean install of windows (or a repair install, but those can get messy, easier to just do a clean one)

Hope this helps and congratulations on getting married!

odie1941

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
Thanks folks - I just added another kink to the process - had a 125v plug in my new 500w power supply instead of the 250v plug that came with it... lovely snap, crackle and pop...

Off to MicroCenter for a new one - hope to get a "swap"...