Sign in with
Your question

LANPARTY DK X38-T2RB

Last response: in Motherboards
September 17, 2008 5:33:52 PM

This may be kind of a dumb question, but does anyone know what the difference is between the LANPARTY DK X38-T2RB and the LANPARTY DK X38-T2R is? The LANPARTY DK X38-T2RB is $10 cheaper, and the newegg reviews are actually a little better, but I'd hate to miss out on some great feature for a measly 10 bucks (and there were no apparent differences on the manufacturer page).

Thanks!

More about : lanparty x38 t2rb

a b V Motherboard
September 17, 2008 6:10:24 PM

In my opinion not a dumb question because it took me while to figure out the difference between the two.

The X38-T2RB has a factory mounted copper northbridge heatsink as well as the "B" denoting a more up to date version of that model mobo. The X38-T2R does not have the northbridge heatsink pre-mounted from the factory, but it does come with a heatsink you mount during installation. It also gives you the option of using after market northbridge cooling, i.e.; water cooling.

Other than that, there are no other obvious differences. The "B" model may also have better BIOS support or support higher memory frequency. But, those are things that only DFI Support or Sales might be able to answer, or maybe even some info available the DFI forums.

If you're not gonna use Crossfire, the DFI DK P45-T2RS PLUS has gotten some really good reviews and would be a cost effective alternative to the X38/X48 models. The P45 chipset is known to perform just the same if not better, and overclock higher, with Intel 45nm procs than the X38/X48 based boards.

September 17, 2008 7:14:25 PM

I thought the 'B' might indicate a later revision, but it didn't make sense to me being cheaper. Thanks for the response. I'm still using my 65nm e6750 which is serving me pretty well, and I've heard the BIOS is a little more detailed in the X38's (not that I actually know). Deciding whether to upgrade or not. I swore I wouldn't start a whole new build till nehalem came out. :) 
!