Realtemp and clock speeds

Minor question here: I have a quad QX9650 (with a minor OC to 3.375 GHz). After checking realtemp to ensure temps are OK (only 39 at load :D), I noticed that the CPU speed was detected at 2.275 GHz, well below even stock speeds. Occasionally, that reading would spike to 3.375, but only for a split second.

I checked the bios (Mobo is a Nforce 790i Ultra), and speedstep is off, so that isn't the issue.

A: Is the speed realtemp giving accurate, or am i forgetting to do a step (multiply by FSB speed, etc.)
B: If I am running only 2.275, how do I fix it?

I'm at my work comp right now, so I can't give any other details, pictures of realtemps reading, etc. Any help would be appriciated.

No idea, im not at home right now, but I'll check. I forget what C1E does offhand though...I know speedstep is off though.

BTW, XP 32 bit.

C1E (Enhanced Halt State) lowers the CPU voltage and clock speed when halt commands are issued by the operating system. This is a power saving option and would be one cause of the readings you are seeing with RealTemp.

However, I assume that under load your processor reports the fully overclocked speed. Unless you are experiencing problems with your overclock, having EIST (SpeedStep) and C1E enabled is actually not a bad thing.

Yeah, I wasn't doing much when I checked the temps. I'll check the speeds when playing Crysis later.