Motherboard Question

kse245

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
I want to run my motheboard outside the case and i dont know what tom put under it i know i should on a flat surface like a desk but what do i put under it the phome stuff it came with under it in the box?

arson94

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
just put it on top of the anti-static bag in which it came or the foam, either will work. You can put all of that on top of the box it came in as well.

festerovic

Distinguished
I've thought of doing this, but I'm stuck: How the heck do you power on the board if there is no case to push the power button? Can someone explain what needs to be connected to the mobo power switch pins to do this? Or do I just need to connet + to - with a short lead?

arson94

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
short lead, screw driver, bread twist tie.... anything that conducts electrons to connect the + and - on the pw switch pins on your motherboard. Or, you can remove the power button from an old case use it. You don't want to permanently connect the + and - as this is simulating holding the power button down for an infinite period of time. Just connect the + and - for a split second to power the machine on. Connect the + and - for a few seconds to simulate holding down the power button to turn the machine off that way.