How do i "specify" a HD?

computernewbie

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
How can i specify a HD, as so, like all files associated with games will go to drive D:?

Also...How can i create a file or folder like the one in C:, like Program Files, that holds files the same way, like when you try to download a file to another drive you have to create a folder for it, or it wont download straight to the drive

To the best of my knowledge there's no way to assign the D: drive as a default for program installs. What you have to do is when you install each program, select the "custom" install option and choose the D: drive as the target directory for the installation.

computernewbie

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
Oh okay, but how do i set up the drive so it does the same as Program Files, which are like folders inside of folders. For example, if i download something and sent it to drive D:, all the files would unload into the folder/drive, unlike in C:, where it pretty much makes a folder for all of the files, like if you download avast, C: will make a folder specifically for avast and inside that folder will be all the files for avast.

Btw, just out of curiosity, where do MB, GPU drivers go? And i can move them right?

The program files directory serves the sole purpose of differentiating your programs from the "other Stuff". By labeling your D partition of drive as "Programs" as a volume label, the Program Files directory becomes redundant.

I wouldn't move drivers though hardware utilities can be put anywhere you want.