xfx 4870???

lawrie34

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2008
hi guys

I recently went into my local computer shop and got a quote, and they priced a 4870 xfx on the invoice. I always thought xfx dealt solely in Nvidia. is this a mistake? if not how does the xfx varient of this card rate?

thanks lawrie

Well, right now, all 4870's are exactly the same, hardware wise - no OC or non reference models have been released yet. The only differences are price, warranty, and support.

Seems like it might be a mistake though - everything I can find shows XFX as only having Nvidia.

Go talk to them soon.

According to newegg ratings and the number of reviews, the best manufacturers for HD 4870 are in this order: Sapphire #1, Visiontek and HIS tied for #2, PowerColor #4. Of course this is totally unscientific and based on a tiny sample of less than 150 people, so don't take it too seriously.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Description=hd+4870&x=0&y=0

You're in Australia, if I remember right from another thread, aren't you? There may be other good brands there too.

V3NOM

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
if evga starts making P55's... they may well jump ship to AMD as well, although i doubt it. Intel and nVidia exclusive methinks

G

check the xfx website, look under: Products>Graphics Cards> ATI and youll find your answer.