Sign in with
Your question

Catalyst 8.7 beta

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 19, 2008 7:30:29 AM

Hey guys,

I have not seen this discussed here, thought I might share my expirience.

I installed my crossfire 4870 system last week and was rather disapointed by its overall performance and stability. STALKER does not launch all of a sudden, flickering in a large number of games, just OK performance in most new 3D games, etc etc etc.

Well I installed Cat 8.7 beta and have to say I am rather happy now. No more stuttering, FPS in WIC jumped from 43 average to 50 on all settings set to max :) , everything is just lovely, about as stable as Beta drivers go. Highly recomend installing it (just google Catalyst 8.7 Beta)

More about : catalyst beta

July 19, 2008 9:40:49 AM

the officials should be out soon!!!
July 19, 2008 5:17:44 PM

Yeah, in a couple of weeks they will be out. Hey if they helped you out though, congrats. Did you notice any other improvements?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 19, 2008 5:48:30 PM

define soon?
July 20, 2008 11:23:03 AM

Actually yes SpinachEater, lower GPU temps, I am using an aftermarket cooler and my idle was 60 now its 47 load was 80 now its 60 tops after a stress test. very nice!

Bioshock, Crysis, COD4, and WIC all look amazing and run VERY smoothely. I was a huge nVidia man, just never saw the reason to change horses. That is untill these cards came out, and my other choise was a single GTX 280. Screw that!

Couldnt be hapier with the drivers and the cards themselves.
July 21, 2008 7:49:10 PM

now :)  2 days after. that soon :D 
!