folder choices in "save file as"

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
August 23, 2005 1:28:48 AM

Somewhere recently I saw that I can change the folder options that appear on
the left when I do a "save as" with a file. I have things like "recent" "my
computer" "desktop" "my documents" "my network" but I would like to replace
one of these with a specific folder.

Anybody know how to do this?

thanks; Kozmo

More about : folder choices save file

Anonymous
August 23, 2005 2:30:02 AM

Try R.clicking on the desktop,new,folder,then type in name,move to where ever
you choose.Or R.click any folder,properties,rename folder.

"Kozmo" wrote:

> Somewhere recently I saw that I can change the folder options that appear on
> the left when I do a "save as" with a file. I have things like "recent" "my
> computer" "desktop" "my documents" "my network" but I would like to replace
> one of these with a specific folder.
>
> Anybody know how to do this?
>
> thanks; Kozmo

Anonymous
August 23, 2005 10:20:31 PM

To edit the Places Bar you can use TweakUI

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...

Look at Common Dialogs--Places Bar

--
Regards
Mark Dormer

"Kozmo" <Kozmo@ranchofraunch.com> wrote in message
> Somewhere recently I saw that I can change the folder options that appear
> on the left when I do a "save as" with a file. I have things like "recent"
> "my computer" "desktop" "my documents" "my network" but I would like to
> replace one of these with a specific folder.
>
> Anybody know how to do this?
>
> thanks; Kozmo

Anonymous
August 23, 2005 10:20:32 PM