rickypicky

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2008
Hi. I bought this board about a month ago on NewEgg. The board works great so far. My question is the PCI-Express 2.0 x16 retaining clips (at the end of each slot) are different than those depicted both at the NewEgg website and the Gigabyte website. The retaining clips on my board are identical to those depicted for the GA-X48T-DQ6 motherboard.

Anybody else with this board? Do you're clips look like they should (pics at NewEgg and Gigabyte websites)?

rickypicky

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2008
I don't think you understand. I definitely have the X48-DS4 motherboard, but it doesn't have the same PCI-Express 2.0 retaining clips as those shown in the pictures. It has the same retaining clips as the X48T-DQ6 motherboard. I was wondering if anybody else here who owns the X48-DS4 has the same retaining clips on it that I do.

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

I have the X38-DS4 and it has the same kind of button clips shown in X48-DS4 picture on Newegg, if that helps. They probably just ran out of the old parts. It's just pieces of plastic that serves the same function. Don't worry about it. It's normal for e-retailers to not show the exact same picture as the product.

rickypicky

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2008
Thanks for the response. I'm not really worried about it, just curious if Gigabyte is now making all of their X48-DS4 motherboards with the same clips that I have or not. Thanks again!