P5N-D Post Beep than Nothing. Screen Artifacts too. PLEASE HELP!

hellion_zk

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
Beep for POST. and a black screen. no further progression. i wait a while. try it again. i it starts up! for about 30 seconds. artifacts everywhere and than nothing. and it refuses to work. so far ive narrowed my fantastical brain around either the Mobo or CPU. but i cant figure out a way to find out which is the culprit. NOTHING was OCed on this new rig. its all new. (To me and out of box.)

My SPecs are. Asus P5N-D mobo. E8500 Wolfdale Dual Core. 4Gig OCZ DDR2 800 Ram. 600w Kingwin PSU. and an EVGA 8800GTS 640mb. Ive had the Vid Card about a year or so now. but its in good shape.

Already tested it in a different machine. ram too. but his socket type was different so i couldnt test the CPU or MOBO. any help would be GREAT! THANKS! >.<

BTW. im Posting from my PS3, and it's a major PAIN lol. and i created a profile for this website JUST for this, because i know you guys are great for this kind of stuff :p

hellion_zk

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
Sorry for the DOuble Post i really am. but it deleted the first part of the situation.
It all Started WHile Playing a game, Out of nowhere i get Bad Artifacts all over the screen. forced me to hit restart. Tried to started it back and all i got was the following problem Above.