Clearing information from drop-down list

Hi there, new to all this so apologies for my ignorance. I'd like to know
how to clear the history from a drop-down list. When trying to add an
attachment to an e-mail when I click browse and the file dialogue box appears
the drop down list displays a history of file pathways. I would be greatful
if someone sould explain how to clears this. Sorry about the long winded
explanation!
3 answers Last reply
More about clearing information drop down list

    On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 04:30:01 -0700, Ian wrote:

    > Hi there, new to all this so apologies for my ignorance. I'd like to know
    > how to clear the history from a drop-down list. When trying to add an
    > attachment to an e-mail when I click browse and the file dialogue box appears
    > the drop down list displays a history of file pathways. I would be greatful
    > if someone sould explain how to clears this. Sorry about the long winded
    > explanation!

    It depends on what your email program is and whether it tracks history on
    its own or if it uses history from Internet Explorer (IE) or Windows
    Explorer.

    To clear history in IE: Internet Options> General> History: click Clear
    In Windows Explorer: Right click the start button, click Properties. Click
    Customize. Locate the "Clear" button in the Documents section. This will
    clear the documents history (start> recent documents) as well as "other"
    history.

    If you find history listings to be annoying in general, turn off
    AutoComplete in IE (Internet Options) and Windows Explorer (Folder
    Options). That will eliminate many lists found in various areas of Windows
    but not within individual programs.

    To clear history within a program: Check the program's menu for settings
    that allow you turn this feature on/off. If not available, use one of the
    many MRU cleaners available for download on the internet. Sometimes
    anti-spyware programs like AdAware include a privacy section that will
    clear MRU lists as well.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Thanks for the advice, it work a treat. Your a star!

    On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:38:45 -0700, Ian wrote:

    > Thanks for the advice, it work a treat. Your a star!

    You're most welcome, Ian!

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User