Abit IP35-E not compatabile with CM690

Blackfire

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
i have finalize my computer (Abit IP35-E as motherboard) but after reading that Abit IP35 pro is incompatible with CM690 i don't really got upset because i may have not buying the pro version but both of these motherboard are same in design.

i am not a hardware expert this is my first assembled computer so i am very cautious. So guys could you help me & tell me is this true that IP35 -E is not compatible with CM690, if yes than it is there anything that i can do to solve this problem.

This what reviewer is saying, "A very big negative is that the case is very much incompatible with the IP35 Pro. Two of the cable management hooks were in the way of the side SATA and IDE ports, so they had to be taken out. The power LED is also a two-pin cable instead of a three-pin cable, which means the power LED couldn't work without a converter"

& Here is complete article http://techgage.com/article/cooler_master_cm_690/2

faster3200

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
Well the IP35-E has a different mobo layout so there is a good chance you will not run into the sata/ide issue, although that is easy to fix. All you have to do is just remove some of those ties, piece of cake.

The LED issue you will most likely run into since every mobo I can think of has it spaced for 3-pin instead of 2. This is easy to fix as well. All you have to do is just split the connector into separate parts or cut and strir the end of the wires and then connect them. Easy fix. I had to do this with another one of my cases and it worked out fine.