Need advice about long range WiFi Connection

DannyZ

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
Hi Folk's sick of slow motion Internet connection ( CDMA 450 ) So I have decided to setup long range wi-fi connection over 4km). So can anyone recommend to me whith CPE i should buy. By my self, im looking on Ubiquiti Nanostation 5 on Ovislink Airmax5. (AP has 2.4 5GHz flat and parabolic dish) Any suggestion?

wifimaster

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
yes the ubiquiti Nano is ok if you want it only for 4-6 months . i have seen hundreds of these in Africa sold, the circuit boards are of the cheapest design and delaminate and they are not water proof so dampness gets in and its all over, if you want to do it correct try Motorola or Hotware, they are professional ISP providers of real equipment and not cheap junk to take your money !!! www.hotware.com.tw

wifimaster

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
Hope this may help

Thinking about Building a Broadband Wireless Network ?
Now individuals, businesses and local municipalities can launch a Wireless ISP without the fear, uncertainty or doubt that is usually associated with deploying a new type of technology.
X-LIN’S Solution Wireless ISP provides everything needed to build a profitable high-speed Internet open access network [with on line billing] anywhere in the world. Whether you need a system to support 50 customers in a rural environment or thousands of customers in a suburban or inner city area, X-LIN’S Solution Wireless ISP consulting service provides a complete business plan, a network design, a training program and even technical support that will enable even a novice to launch a profitable broadband wireless network for their community. www.hotware.com.tw
Broadband Wireless Market Overview
The use of wireless technology for broadband delivery means absolutely nothing to most customers. Customers care about services that are reliable and affordable, and that offer excellent value. They care about the responsiveness of their service provider ISP to their needs and the predictability and controllability of their costs. In a nutshell, customers want excellent service and no surprises. Customers do not care about how the service is delivered1.
X-LIN’S Solution Broadband Wireless technology is a tool, not an end in itself. Wireless has always been an alternative for high-speed connections, but never has the range of choices been as great or the rate of innovation as rapid. The X-LIN Solution delves into the world of broadband wireless fixed wireless connections that deliver data rates from less than T-1 (1.5 Mega bits per second (Mbps) up to and beyond 108 Mbps. These wireless connections serve the same function as wired-line or fiber -- interconnecting public and private networks.
Point-to-Point (PtP) Broadband Wireless