List Files In Folder/Sub-Folder by Filename

I have hundreds of photos in subfolders, the photo names being prefixed
with a 4-digit sequence number.
I would like to be able to create a text file containing all the files
sorted by File Name and then showing the sub-folder that they are in -
is that possible?
I already have a .bat file set up to use the DIR command to create a
text file sorting the files by name within each folder, but I want to
be able to check that I have all the files - ie: none missing and no
duplicates.

Scenario: I am scanning in photos, allocating manually the sequence to
each, so I can give multiple photos the same desctiption and still have
a unique name. I am creating the files in a folder called "unfiled",
but then moving them to different sub-folders. I want to be sure that
I don't lose any or file the same photo in multiple folders.

Thanks in advance.
Tony Payne
Plymouth, Indiana

On 23 Aug 2005 08:58:00 -0700, poddys wrote:

> I have hundreds of photos in subfolders, the photo names being prefixed
> with a 4-digit sequence number.
> I would like to be able to create a text file containing all the files
> sorted by File Name and then showing the sub-folder that they are in -
> is that possible?
> I already have a .bat file set up to use the DIR command to create a
> text file sorting the files by name within each folder, but I want to
> be able to check that I have all the files - ie: none missing and no
> duplicates.
>
> Scenario: I am scanning in photos, allocating manually the sequence to
> each, so I can give multiple photos the same desctiption and still have
> a unique name. I am creating the files in a folder called "unfiled",
> but then moving them to different sub-folders. I want to be sure that
> I don't lose any or file the same photo in multiple folders.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Tony Payne
> Plymouth, Indiana

I use a free program, "Directory Printer" from Karenware, for these tasks:
http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User