List Files In Folder/Sub-Folder by Filename

I have hundreds of photos in subfolders, the photo names being prefixed
with a 4-digit sequence number.
I would like to be able to create a text file containing all the files
sorted by File Name and then showing the sub-folder that they are in -
is that possible?
I already have a .bat file set up to use the DIR command to create a
text file sorting the files by name within each folder, but I want to
be able to check that I have all the files - ie: none missing and no
duplicates.

Scenario: I am scanning in photos, allocating manually the sequence to
each, so I can give multiple photos the same desctiption and still have
a unique name. I am creating the files in a folder called "unfiled",
but then moving them to different sub-folders. I want to be sure that
I don't lose any or file the same photo in multiple folders.

Thanks in advance.
Tony Payne
Plymouth, Indiana
1 answer Last reply
More about list files folder folder filename

    On 23 Aug 2005 08:58:00 -0700, poddys wrote:

    > I have hundreds of photos in subfolders, the photo names being prefixed
    > with a 4-digit sequence number.
    > I would like to be able to create a text file containing all the files
    > sorted by File Name and then showing the sub-folder that they are in -
    > is that possible?
    > I already have a .bat file set up to use the DIR command to create a
    > text file sorting the files by name within each folder, but I want to
    > be able to check that I have all the files - ie: none missing and no
    > duplicates.
    >
    > Scenario: I am scanning in photos, allocating manually the sequence to
    > each, so I can give multiple photos the same desctiption and still have
    > a unique name. I am creating the files in a folder called "unfiled",
    > but then moving them to different sub-folders. I want to be sure that
    > I don't lose any or file the same photo in multiple folders.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Tony Payne
    > Plymouth, Indiana

    I use a free program, "Directory Printer" from Karenware, for these tasks:
    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp
    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User