Sign in with
Your question

HELP! AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Overclocking!

Last response: in Overclocking
July 4, 2009 2:33:00 AM

I have the AMD Athlon XP 2500+ on the Biostar M7NCG 400 Motherboard with 1GB of RAM, 80GB HDD, DVD-RW Drive, DVD-ROM Drive, 3 80mm Case Fans, Radeon 9200 128MB, and the Processor has a very large heatsink, no fan. I want to overclock it to at least the speed of an AMD Athlon XP 2800+, but preferably a little more. All help will be appreciated, as I have not previous Overclocking Experience, but have been working in IT for 8+ years.

-BLC
July 4, 2009 2:34:29 AM

Who still uses them? It won't last much long.

Anyway, enter the bios and change the reference clock.
July 4, 2009 2:46:29 AM

rockstone1 said:
Who still uses them? It won't last much long.

Anyway, enter the bios and change the reference clock.

What is the reference clock?
Related resources
July 4, 2009 2:52:48 AM

The 2500+ is a very old processor, I'm surprised you want to still use them, but oh well.

Anyway, the reference clock is the clock that all components multiply themselves against.

Enter the bios, find anything that sounds like it might have to do with overclocking and reference clock should be close by.
July 4, 2009 3:14:38 AM

rockstone1 said:
The 2500+ is a very old processor, I'm surprised you want to still use them, but oh well.

Anyway, the reference clock is the clock that all components multiply themselves against.

Enter the bios, find anything that sounds like it might have to do with overclocking and reference clock should be close by.

Thanks, I overclocked it to 3200+. I still use the processor because currently my money is going towards a new build, and this is the computer that I got for free about 2 days ago, and the computer before that I had to give back.
!