Intel Q9450 CPU (Stock cooler)
4GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz CL5 RAM (2x2GB)
750GB Samsung Spinpoint Hard Drive
Gainward 1GB Nvidia 8800GT graphics card
Striker 2 Sound Card
LG Blu-Ray/HD-DVD DVDRW+- Drive
700Watt PSU
Vista Ultimate 32bit

Now the strange thing happens when I play Crysis, on the loading screens (where it comes up EA, Nvidia, Crytek, Intel) There is a crazy squeaking sound coming from the computer. It doesnt happen when I'm actually playing the game (and doesnt happen anywhere else in any other game). It also happens when the level has loaded and it says "Press Any Key"

Does anyone know what is causing it?

Check out this youtube video of me recording the crazy sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSrf9Jh_8fk

More about : crazy sounds coming computer loading crysis

July 3, 2008 9:22:49 AM

How would it be the audio driver?

My speakers are off, That sound you hear in the video isnt coming from speakers its coming from the actual computer.
July 3, 2008 9:54:53 AM

It is not the video card fan spinning up.

Go watch the video

Video card fans dont squeak like that. I can manually control the speed of the fan with RivaTuner and it never makes that sound.

The fan spins up quite normally when I'm actually playing Crysis, it doesnt squeak at all. Nor does it in Assassins Creed or BF2142

It only ever squeaks when loading Crysis.
Related resources
July 3, 2008 10:12:15 AM

I think is the small. embedded loudspeaker on motherboard!
try to update your motherboard drivers!
July 3, 2008 10:16:14 AM

I have heard this Before, either the sound card is not seated properly or has become lose, take the card out and use a rubber on the pci contacts to remove any deposits of dirt, try changing some of the sound settings within Crysis, hope it helps
July 3, 2008 10:19:16 AM

If you dont have anything useful to add, why dont you go "help" someone else?
July 3, 2008 10:19:39 AM

fowang said:
I have heard this Before, either the sound card is not seated properly or has become lose, take the card out and use a rubber on the pci contacts to remove any deposits of dirt, try changing some of the sound settings within Crysis, hope it helps

This is not a sound card issue. The speakers are off.
July 3, 2008 10:21:47 AM

I'd open the side panel and load crysis and try to narrow down what component that noise is coming from. Any other advice before knowing that would just be a shot in the dark.

Just for a larf try removing the speaker connector from your motherboard (i'm pretty sure the S2F mobo doesn't have a built-in speaker).
July 3, 2008 10:22:36 AM

Quote:
You are an idiot. It's the hard drive thrashing about. Go defrag or buy a new quiet hard drive.

Do you actually know anything about computers?
July 3, 2008 10:24:43 AM

Misocainea said:
I'd open the side panel and load crysis and try to narrow down what component that noise is coming from. Any other advice before knowing that would just be a shot in the dark.

Just for a larf try removing the speaker connector from your motherboard (i'm pretty sure the S2F mobo doesn't have a built-in speaker).

That video I posted is with the side panel off. It sounds like its the graphics card, but its hard to pin point the sound directly.
July 3, 2008 10:25:20 AM

Quote:
You are an idiot. It's the hard drive thrashing about. Go defrag or buy a new quiet hard drive. It's 3:21 AM here, and you are starting to piss me off kid.

**** off then, no one is making you read this thread
July 3, 2008 10:30:31 AM

Quote:
Lol, maybe it's my sig is off. I built this PC didn't I? Your a ******, next time you make a post, do some research. Faggots like you make me laugh.

So what, you built a PC big deal. It's hardly challenging is it!

Now go away, because you're not of any use in this thread as you are offering no help at all!
July 3, 2008 10:30:39 AM

Quote:
You are an idiot. It's the hard drive thrashing about. Go defrag or buy a new quiet hard drive. It's 3:21 AM here, and you are starting to piss me off kid.

If you have nothing useful to say dont say anything, the guy needs some help, not a moron calling him an idiot!!!,

Rant over

Right i think it could be due to capacitors, here is something you can try have the side of ur pc off while loading up Crysis stick ur head in and narrow down where the sound is comming from, just to pin point what component is make in the noise
July 3, 2008 10:32:16 AM

Quote:
I notice how your the one who is PMSing over a beep during loads.. WOW! serioussly go get a girlfriend or go take a walk... sad.. do some research

You have issues
July 3, 2008 10:33:24 AM

fowang said:
If you have nothing useful to say dont say anything, the guy needs some help, not a moron calling him an idiot!!!,

Rant over

Right i think it could be due to capacitors, here is something you can try have the side of ur pc off while loading up Crysis stick ur head in and narrow down where the sound is comming from, just to pin point what component is make in the noise

Its hard to pin point the component, but i think its the graphics card. Other forums are saying it could be a shoddy psu not providing enough power to the card. but I would assume that when playing crysis it would require most power and not when displaying the loading videos.
July 3, 2008 10:35:38 AM

mate have a W**K and fap off ur boyfriend
July 3, 2008 10:35:40 AM

Go buy a Dell.
July 3, 2008 10:36:46 AM

pcgamer12 said:
Go buy a Dell.

Ok Thanks for the advice. You don't need to read this post anymore.
July 3, 2008 10:40:48 AM

thestonefox said:
Its hard to pin point the component, but i think its the graphics card. Other forums are saying it could be a shoddy psu not providing enough power to the card. but I would assume that when playing crysis it would require most power and not when displaying the loading videos.

TBh ignore pcidiot12 he doesnt know anything about computers nor forums.

I have seen it to be something to do with the components, i have seen it with friends computers but that was a few years ago, have you tried changing the screen res because i have seen a correlation between res and frequency of the monitor
July 3, 2008 10:44:20 AM

Ok so ignoring the trolls...

Do you have another video card you could swap in and try Crysis with? The only thing on the video card it could be is the fan, but I am assuming you've tried other games to push your card that don't get this noise. If you haven't, that would be the first thing to try.

A surface scan on your HDD May not be a horrible idea either, it could be a problem in the area of the platter that Crysis happens to be installed on. You can get tools to do this test from your HDD manufacturer.
July 3, 2008 10:45:34 AM

Screen res.. seriously?
July 3, 2008 10:48:35 AM

pcgamer12 said:
Screen res.. seriously?

Yes seriously if u know anything about physics u would know what i talking about its called oscillation or vibration for u more simple minded (pcgamer12)
July 3, 2008 10:54:20 AM

Misocainea said:
Ok so ignoring the trolls...

Do you have another video card you could swap in and try Crysis with? The only thing on the video card it could be is the fan, but I am assuming you've tried other games to push your card that don't get this noise. If you haven't, that would be the first thing to try.

A surface scan on your HDD May not be a horrible idea either, it could be a problem in the area of the platter that Crysis happens to be installed on. You can get tools to do this test from your HDD manufacturer.

Yeah I have an ATI 2400HD PCI-E I can try that in there.

The squeaking doesnt happen at all when I'm actually playing crysis and this is when the game would be at full load. The fan comes on and sounds healthy.
July 3, 2008 10:54:54 AM

fowang said:
TBh ignore pcidiot12 he doesnt know anything about computers nor forums.

I have seen it to be something to do with the components, i have seen it with friends computers but that was a few years ago, have you tried changing the screen res because i have seen a correlation between res and frequency of the monitor

hmm if you think it could be the monitor, couldn't the OP simply turn off his monitor when he hears the noise?
July 3, 2008 10:56:49 AM

These solutions are ridiculous and illogical.
July 3, 2008 10:59:19 AM

Quote:
you would know a lot about vibrators fowang. did you graduate from a 2-year college? seems like it.

if the video wasn't so crappy, it'd be easier to help you.

yeah i would cuz i get them off you, lol, u idiot!!!
July 3, 2008 10:59:38 AM

I'll leave you rocket scientists to solve this problem. If you don't the world will explode. Now we don't want this to happen to now do we? I'll get out of your hair now. LOL LOL LOL.
July 3, 2008 11:01:12 AM

pcgamer12 said:
I'll leave you rocket scientists to solve this problem. If you don't the world will explode. Now we don't want this to happen to now do we? I'll get out of your hair now. LOL LOL LOL.

thank you
July 3, 2008 11:02:21 AM

jumpman said:
hmm if you think it could be the monitor, couldn't the OP simply turn off his monitor when he hears the noise?

I can try it with the monitor off, I'm not sure this will solve the issue.

I'm thinking its either Graphics Card Issue or PSU Issue
July 3, 2008 11:03:47 AM

pcgamer12 said:

Finally GOT the hint, ill be looking forward to ur next useful input!!!!
July 3, 2008 11:07:56 AM

thestonefox said:
I can try it with the monitor off, I'm not sure this will solve the issue.

nothing to do with the monitor itself but the res that the gpu is producing
July 3, 2008 11:08:39 AM

thestonefox said:

Yea I think you're right, but it just seems like a good idea to try the easiest things first. Doing just that has saved me a lot of time on several occasions. Anyways, good luck finding the source of that noise, if I think of anything I'll be sure to post back =)
July 3, 2008 11:16:40 AM

I had the same problem. Not only in Crysis, but in nearly every app that put a global stress on the whole rig.

I actually eneded up noticing that the sound came from the PSU - it was beeing stressed to close to its limits (or over it).

Try upgrading your PSU, it worked out for me.
July 3, 2008 11:25:43 AM

Hi i have heard that sound on a number of new graphics cards before it's the coils on the the power supply section on the graphics card.I even have heard it on motherboards so i wouldn't worry about it.If the coils are not would tight enough when their made they will squeal.
Michael :)