thomson889

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
I HAVE A QUADCORE BUILT ARROUND 4GB RAM WITH A STRIKER EXTREME MOTHERBOARD AND 850W POWERPACK AND WOULD LIKE SOMEONES HELP IN IDENTIFYING WHY I KEEP GETTING CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR WHEN I BOOT UP AFTER LEAVING THE POWER OFF OVERNIGHT ....I HAVE CHANGED THE BATTERY 3 TIMES AND UPDATED THE BIOS I HAVE EVEN CHECKED THE VOLTAGE OUTPUT OF THE BATTERY AND IT STAYS THE SAME OUTPUT I HAVE CHECKED ALL CONNECTIONS I AM AT A LOSS WITH THIS PROBLEM CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

FIRST REMOVE YOUR CAPS LOCK YOU MAY ALSO WANT TO USE PROPER PUNCTUATION ITS TIRING TO READ AND VERY AGGRESSIVE.

See?

One possibility is that one of your devices corrupts the CMOS and it resets itself on each reboot: check your extension cards, and if you use mostly integrated devices (ethernet, wifi, SATA controller, sound), try disabling them one by one in BIOS and stop the computer - wait 5 minutes - reboot and see when it stops doing a checksum error. For video, if you don't have an IGP, swap it.

If not, change your motherboard: there's probably a bad contact between the CMOS chip and the battery (it's valid too if one of the integrated devices causes the CMOS corruption).

thomson889

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
maybe you have picked me up wrong in what i have tried to explain and maybe i have worded things wrong also so to clarify its only when i have unplugged the system from the mains and leave the system off then replug after leaving the system overnight and boot the system up i get the checksum error can anyone help with this and sorry about the capslock