syclone

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
Quick question. I am looking at getting the Antec 300 case. If I wanted to add 2 other fans to the front, which the case allows for, do these fans need to be Antec or can you use other brands of fans. The size is the typical 120mm.

Thanks for the help.

Mondoman

Splendid
You should be able to use whatever brand/model fan you want, as long as it's not too thick to fit in the space. However, adding too much intake fan power can cause airflow problems if the case doesn't have at least as much outflow.

The Antec Three Hundred comes with an extra 120mm Tri Power fan. So, it comes with two 120mm and the larger roof fan. You would need to buy a second 120mm for the front and another for the intake on the side and the case would be maxed out. I have my Three hundred maxed out. It is excellent at cooling the computer components. As Mondoman pointed out, any 'brand' 120mm fan would fit in the case.

syclone

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
both are good cases. everything I read is positive about both. after looking at both, I choose the 300. I dont' think I could go wrong either way.

thanks for the input though. It is a good suggestion.