Retarted monitor

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
So after working perfectly this morning my monitor seems to have broken down when i got home... well sorta.

When i turn my monitor off and back on i will get an image. It will last for 2-3 seconds during which i can get respoces from moving my mouse, typing stuff out etc. But after a couple seconds my monitor just goes black again. I can turn it off and back on and the whole process repeats.

It does this same thing while the computer is posting and in the bios menu etc. I have tested the monitor on another computer with different cables and still the same results.

The monitor is a 17" widescreed PROview. I just emailed them seeing if there was anything they could do / replace it whatever. But i was hoping that someone would have some magic solution that would let me not have to wait for weeks to send my monitor in and get a replacement one.

mrmez

Splendid
I had a similar issue with my Samsung 20"

Oddly enough the problem was sorted by either raising or lowwering the brightness or contrast.

Go figure. But its been 100% since i played around with it some 12 months ago.

IH8U

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
Had a similar issue with my 22" about 6 months ago. Changed the DVI cable (bought a new one) no further issues (till my last vid card died anyway).

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
i have tried it with different cables on different computer and alas no luck. the Graphics card on my machine is a 8600 gts. I dont think it is speed step cause i have tried it on a different machine and still got the same problems, but ill give it a try. The sleep mode issue you mentioned, is that a built in sleep mode for the monitor? It sounds like it could be something like that, cause the picture still works, it just turns off fast.

Also i noticed that when i turn it on it changes colors (hues brightness intensity etc) a couple times then turns back off.

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
looks like nothings going to work and im going to have to RMA it *sigh* o well gives me an excuse to buy that second monitor ive always wanted