Case Modding Mozart Tx

yaoiboimi

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
I am thinking about taking my Mozart case and instead of using the 7" bay that is on top and stamping out the top with in it's place with 10" LCD display used in laptops. Question would be how to power it. Are there any DC inverters that work with power supplies for situations like this? And any recommendations of LCD panels with high gloss/contrast ratio at this size.

With the addition I want to have it have additional buttons that will act like some face plates similar to cars when pressed change the angle of the display from laying flat, and then working it's way to 90 degrees. Then question 2 is how to get it to take the signal from a video card to place in the display.

I have a friend who says this can be done, but can it really before I get my hopes up?

Also if this is boggling your mind, what would i do with the open space behind the LCD panel, or should it be modified to sit behind where it used to be to hold in the display to supply the support and the mechanism to move the panels angle?

There is plenty of room in the case to make a modification on top to allow this. What are your thoughts?

I figured with the 7" LCD that is sold by thermaltake only being 1024x768 and contrast of 300:1 and costing $399 at retail price from Thermaltakes site, this sounded much like a better idea.

yaoiboimi

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
What are some other ideas I can do with my Mozart? Open to any ideas, lets make money make too much a difference; just as long as it doesn't require a gold plating the case.

Sometimes modding something turns out real hillbillyish.

oldandretardedhf9.jpg

Makes you wish you would have left if stock as a rock and enjoyed it for the coolness it came with inherently. :sol:

thejudgecoolor7.jpg

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
To answer question 2, just slide the display adapter cable from the where its conencted to the video card back into the case, back to where you need it. It will probably take some skill to make it look nice though.