Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Fanshot?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
May 17, 2004 12:40:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

I've been a Master Pistoleer for a month or more by now, and I can't find
much of a use for Fanshot, but I hear it's supposed to be great. I never
looked at it much because it seemed to me that Stopping Shot did a better
job at causing damage. What's so great about FanShot?

--

--
Anthony Giampa; Imperiai2@cox.net
In the year 2000: "...The American bald eagle will be taken off the
protective species list,
not because it's no longer endangered, but because it is a douchebag." --
David Duchovney

More about : fanshot

Anonymous
May 17, 2004 1:55:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

I agree with you. While fighting lairs fanshot isnt worth a lot. But when
fighting humaniods (like in fort Tusken) fanshot was super. So i only use it
in those area.

"Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> schreef in bericht
news:YuWpc.67632$Fl5.43044@okepread04...
> I've been a Master Pistoleer for a month or more by now, and I can't find
> much of a use for Fanshot, but I hear it's supposed to be great. I never
> looked at it much because it seemed to me that Stopping Shot did a better
> job at causing damage. What's so great about FanShot?
>
> --
>
> --
> Anthony Giampa; Imperiai2@cox.net
> In the year 2000: "...The American bald eagle will be taken off the
> protective species list,
> not because it's no longer endangered, but because it is a douchebag." --
> David Duchovney
>
>
>
Anonymous
May 17, 2004 5:22:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

"Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message
news:YuWpc.67632$Fl5.43044@okepread04...
> I've been a Master Pistoleer for a month or more by now, and I can't
find
> much of a use for Fanshot, but I hear it's supposed to be great. I
never
> looked at it much because it seemed to me that Stopping Shot did a
better
> job at causing damage. What's so great about FanShot?

The great thing about Fan Shot is that it is a cone attack. If there
are a bunch of targets huddled together (IE, attacking a buddy), Fan
Shot will hit them all at the same time. You can drop hordes of
critters much faster this way then by Stopping Shotting (wow is that a
cool word I just made up) them each individually. It especially works
great when one of the people in your group loves to attack the lairs and
have everything aggro on them...

- Oalan
Anonymous
May 18, 2004 5:04:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

"Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message news:<lhbqc.43182$pJ1.7703@lakeread02>...
> I don't think I realized it was a cone attack. Damn straight we get one of
> those!

Beware though - many times I didn't realise that at 65m away in my LOS
there are some super nasty critters that I aggro by accident using Fan
shot! It's basically the agro machine special. It is the best for
taking out hordes of mobs though.

Does everyone else also find that stopping shot is the most powerful
single mob special? I find that HealthShot2 (the bleed one right?) is
the best special to spam. It seems to do the most damage and is of
course directed to the health pool.
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 1:27:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

"moldy" <nickmeldrum@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:510d600e.0405180004.15b72f7c@posting.google.com...
> "Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message
news:<lhbqc.43182$pJ1.7703@lakeread02>...
> > I don't think I realized it was a cone attack. Damn straight we get one
of
> > those!
>
> Beware though - many times I didn't realise that at 65m away in my LOS
> there are some super nasty critters that I aggro by accident using Fan
> shot! It's basically the agro machine special. It is the best for
> taking out hordes of mobs though.
>
> Does everyone else also find that stopping shot is the most powerful
> single mob special? I find that HealthShot2 (the bleed one right?) is
> the best special to spam. It seems to do the most damage and is of
> course directed to the health pool.

As master, health shot 3 should be better over all.
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 1:27:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

I may be stupid, but as a Master Pistoleer, I have no Health Shot 3...

--

--
Anthony Giampa; Imperiai2@cox.net
In the year 2000: "...The American bald eagle will be taken off the
protective species list,
not because it's no longer endangered, but because it is a douchebag." --
David Duchovney


"Allan Schmidt" <pingu(a)NOSPAMtele2adslREMOVEDUNKITHIS.dk> wrote in message
news:40ab0c7a$0$271$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk...
>
> "moldy" <nickmeldrum@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:510d600e.0405180004.15b72f7c@posting.google.com...
> > "Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message
> news:<lhbqc.43182$pJ1.7703@lakeread02>...
> > > I don't think I realized it was a cone attack. Damn straight we get
one
> of
> > > those!
> >
> > Beware though - many times I didn't realise that at 65m away in my LOS
> > there are some super nasty critters that I aggro by accident using Fan
> > shot! It's basically the agro machine special. It is the best for
> > taking out hordes of mobs though.
> >
> > Does everyone else also find that stopping shot is the most powerful
> > single mob special? I find that HealthShot2 (the bleed one right?) is
> > the best special to spam. It seems to do the most damage and is of
> > course directed to the health pool.
>
> As master, health shot 3 should be better over all.
>
>
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 7:27:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

"Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message
news:cdGqc.75809$Fl5.74077@okepread04...
> I may be stupid, but as a Master Pistoleer, I have no Health Shot 3...

Ehm, oops. My memory tricked me. Of course, you are correct. There isn't any
health shot 3. I meant the body shot 3, which should be better considering
the master speed modification and the fact that the shot only targets one
pool.

I love fanshot, uses stopping shot a lot but lately body shot 3 is my
primary as it is fast.
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 7:27:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

"Allan Schmidt" <pingu(a)NOSPAMtele2adslREMOVEDUNKITHIS.dk> wrote in
message news:40ab60ce$0$247$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk...
> "Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message
> news:cdGqc.75809$Fl5.74077@okepread04...
> > I may be stupid, but as a Master Pistoleer, I have no Health Shot
3...
>
> Ehm, oops. My memory tricked me. Of course, you are correct. There
isn't any
> health shot 3. I meant the body shot 3, which should be better
considering
> the master speed modification and the fact that the shot only targets
one
> pool.
>
> I love fanshot, uses stopping shot a lot but lately body shot 3 is my
> primary as it is fast.

When I was a Master Pistoleer (ages ago), BS3 was broken, and provided
no benefits against BS2. It was slower (I think it was slower), higher
pool costs and did the same damage. Did that finally get fixed?

- Oalan
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 7:27:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

Ok, good. I was getting worried cause this is the second time recently I've
heard someone say HealthShot 3, and I thought I was missing something.

I hope they equalize the combat soon. Let's face it, whether you are up
against a Master Commando or a Master Gunfighter, both those guys are
equally deadly. The only choice you get is how to die. So they should make
it so a Master Gunfighter could kill anything a Commando could equally as
fast. MAybe that's just me.

Personally I'd think anyone who WAS a 'master gunfighter' would be able to
wield two guns simultaneously with some degree of efficiency.

--

--
Anthony Giampa; Imperiai2@cox.net
In the year 2000: "...The American bald eagle will be taken off the
protective species list,
not because it's no longer endangered, but because it is a douchebag." --
David Duchovney


"Allan Schmidt" <pingu(a)NOSPAMtele2adslREMOVEDUNKITHIS.dk> wrote in message
news:40ab60ce$0$247$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk...
> "Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message
> news:cdGqc.75809$Fl5.74077@okepread04...
> > I may be stupid, but as a Master Pistoleer, I have no Health Shot 3...
>
> Ehm, oops. My memory tricked me. Of course, you are correct. There isn't
any
> health shot 3. I meant the body shot 3, which should be better considering
> the master speed modification and the fact that the shot only targets one
> pool.
>
> I love fanshot, uses stopping shot a lot but lately body shot 3 is my
> primary as it is fast.
>
>
>
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 5:25:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

"Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message news:<hkQqc.78559$Fl5.52376@okepread04>...
>
> I hope they equalize the combat soon. Let's face it, whether you are up
> against a Master Commando or a Master Gunfighter, both those guys are
> equally deadly.
<SNIP>

I *believe* that they stated Pistoleer was never meant to be a
standalone profession like Commando is. It was always designed that
Pistoleer should be combined with another profession, like Smuggler or
BH?

Of course the skill points don't reflect that all... I would certainly
like to see a skill point rationalisation.
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 5:37:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

"moldy" <nickmeldrum@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:510d600e.0405200025.57a56256@posting.google.com...
> "Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message
news:<hkQqc.78559$Fl5.52376@okepread04>...
> >
> > I hope they equalize the combat soon. Let's face it, whether you are
up
> > against a Master Commando or a Master Gunfighter, both those guys
are
> > equally deadly.
> <SNIP>
>
> I *believe* that they stated Pistoleer was never meant to be a
> standalone profession like Commando is. It was always designed that
> Pistoleer should be combined with another profession, like Smuggler or
> BH?
>
> Of course the skill points don't reflect that all... I would certainly
> like to see a skill point rationalisation.

I like the idea of skill points. On paper, it works out great - nobody
can do every single thing and you come to rely on others.

In implementation though, they jacked it up completely. The combat
profession tied for last in skill point usage is the winner in PvP, and
has the most choices in terms of weapons to use to defeat anything in
PvE. That doesn't make sense to me. Given, a lot of it is because of
how jacked up armor/buffs are for the PvP aspect, but kicking butt in
both is just a little over the top. (Oh yeah, I'm not talking about
pistoleer ;) )

- Oalan
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 10:48:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

Gah. Before I read the responses...

I said: "So they should make
> it so a Master Gunfighter could kill anything a Commando could equally as
> fast. "

I should have said 'within reason'. Because I know alot of huge creatures
would go down a LOT easier at the hands of a commando. It's just that AS a
Pistoleer, I don't fight huge things, so I wasn't thinking about them when I
was writing that post. I'm talking about smaller creatures, and other
humanoids.

--

--
Anthony Giampa; Imperiai2@cox.net
In the year 2000: "...The American bald eagle will be taken off the
protective species list,
not because it's no longer endangered, but because it is a douchebag." --
David Duchovney


"Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message
news:hkQqc.78559$Fl5.52376@okepread04...
> Ok, good. I was getting worried cause this is the second time recently
I've
> heard someone say HealthShot 3, and I thought I was missing something.
>
> I hope they equalize the combat soon. Let's face it, whether you are up
> against a Master Commando or a Master Gunfighter, both those guys are
> equally deadly. The only choice you get is how to die. So they should make
> it so a Master Gunfighter could kill anything a Commando could equally as
> fast. MAybe that's just me.
>
> Personally I'd think anyone who WAS a 'master gunfighter' would be able to
> wield two guns simultaneously with some degree of efficiency.
>
> --
>
> --
> Anthony Giampa; Imperiai2@cox.net
> In the year 2000: "...The American bald eagle will be taken off the
> protective species list,
> not because it's no longer endangered, but because it is a douchebag." --
> David Duchovney
>
>
> "Allan Schmidt" <pingu(a)NOSPAMtele2adslREMOVEDUNKITHIS.dk> wrote in
message
> news:40ab60ce$0$247$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk...
> > "Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message
> > news:cdGqc.75809$Fl5.74077@okepread04...
> > > I may be stupid, but as a Master Pistoleer, I have no Health Shot 3...
> >
> > Ehm, oops. My memory tricked me. Of course, you are correct. There isn't
> any
> > health shot 3. I meant the body shot 3, which should be better
considering
> > the master speed modification and the fact that the shot only targets
one
> > pool.
> >
> > I love fanshot, uses stopping shot a lot but lately body shot 3 is my
> > primary as it is fast.
> >
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 10:55:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

I should add I'm also a Master Smuggler, so I use those things right along
with Pistoleer. I think many of us agree Last Ditch and Low Blow are two of
the best pistol shots in the game. The irony is you don't need ANY Pistoleer
to use them. I'm also a little pissed off I have to waste skill points in
Unarmed Fighting which I KNOW I'm never going to use. Especially since they
moved the Knuckler cert somewhere else. Sure it'd be nice in real life for
you to be able to fight unarmed if say, your pistol got knocked away, but
since that doesn't happen in this game, it's USELESS to make Smugglers
require it.

<<I *believe* that they stated Pistoleer was never meant to be a
> standalone profession like Commando is.>>

What's peculiar about this is... did they say the same things about Riflemen
and Carbineers? If they didn't it doesn't make sense, but I get what you are
saying. A Pistoleer should be a secondary profession set up as an aid to
another.

--

--
Anthony Giampa; Imperiai2@cox.net
In the year 2000: "...The American bald eagle will be taken off the
protective species list,
not because it's no longer endangered, but because it is a douchebag." --
David Duchovney


"moldy" <nickmeldrum@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:510d600e.0405200025.57a56256@posting.google.com...
> "Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message
news:<hkQqc.78559$Fl5.52376@okepread04>...
> >
> > I hope they equalize the combat soon. Let's face it, whether you are up
> > against a Master Commando or a Master Gunfighter, both those guys are
> > equally deadly.
> <SNIP>
>
> I *believe* that they stated Pistoleer was never meant to be a
> standalone profession like Commando is. It was always designed that
> Pistoleer should be combined with another profession, like Smuggler or
> BH?
>
> Of course the skill points don't reflect that all... I would certainly
> like to see a skill point rationalisation.
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 10:59:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

> Of course the skill points don't reflect that all... I would certainly
> like to see a skill point rationalisation.

Umm, sorry to disagree but skill point wise,
master bh leaves you with 33 skill points and requires mst marksman & mst
scout
master commando leaves 81 skill pts and requires mst marksman & Unarmed IV
from Brawler (2 combat profs!)
mst pistoleer? leaves you with 115 skill pts and requries just the pistol
IVof marksman and Explore IV and Survival IV.
There is no way they will make master pistoleer as good in combat as a
commando or for that matter a bh, nor should they. Both of those
professions have substantially more combat pre-req's that should lead to a
stronger combat profession. That's the trade off.
Oh and i've never done either bh or commando ... not my cup of tea.
Erambacca / Eloise
Wookie / Smuggler
Talon - Corellia - Tempest
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 10:59:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

"jibbrish" <jibbrish@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<090rc.30206$qJ5.862056@news20.bellglobal.com>...
> > Of course the skill points don't reflect that all... I would certainly
> > like to see a skill point rationalisation.
>
> Umm, sorry to disagree but skill point wise,

No need to apologise for putting forward your point of view.

<snip some useful skill point information>

> There is no way they will make master pistoleer as good in combat as a
> commando or for that matter a bh, nor should they. Both of those
> professions have substantially more combat pre-req's that should lead to a
> stronger combat profession. That's the trade off.

Seems like you're agreeing with me then? Care to clarify?
Anonymous
May 23, 2004 6:03:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

"Really, no elite is (at least after they nerfed stacking of flame DoT's). "


They still stack. Everyone just believes they don't :) 
But I can assure you that Rancor's and allot of other "Big" creatures go
down faster to a TKM or a Master Rifleman

Ofim Fote
TKM/Master Commando
Chilastra
!