Raid 0 disk failure

Gat0rvean

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Hello all,
My system is configured with a SSD drive for my Windows 7 x64 Partition (C:\) and I setup two 500 GB drives in a RAID 0 config (Z:\) to host only game installations. One of the hard drives suffered a heart attack (I can only assume as there was no warning signs) therefore wiping out my games partition (all my saves are backed up to a remote location). Now, I'm trying to re-do my raid setup with a new drive, but when I try installing Steam (it's an .MSI file), it tells me that: "Error 1327. Invalid Drive Z:\" and crashes prematurely without any option to specify another point of installation, the same happens when I try to uninstall via "Programs and Features" in the Control Panel. Now, I have quite a few games that are still showing up, and I get the error "Ble bla blah no longer exists or .......would you like to remove", so I can do that, but not for Steam and a few other apps. Thank you for reading.

PudgyChicken

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
The issue is that applications like steam have your old directory installation saved in the registry as Z:

The easiest way to fix this problem would be to just change the drive letter.

However, you can probably use an application like Piriform Ccleaner to clean out your registry of keys that link to programs that no longer exist.

Hope this helps!