Tyan K8SRE (S2891) PCI-express vid card not possible?

macman888

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
Hey guys and gals

I just purchased the tyan k8sre motherboard and I was wondering if there is any Pci express video card's I slap in this board. I tried putting a EVGA 9600 gt but what I found out is the 1X slot sits very close to the 16x's slot and there is no way I can get any pci-express cards to fit in the slot. I tried calling tyan tech support but the guy didn't know what he was talking about he kept on telling that this board is meant be a "server" and that the pci-express slot is not made for video cards??? I was like well if that's that case then when would the latest bios update have "Added PCIe and embedded VGA option so that if there is a PCI-E VGA card present you can still choose to boot from embedded VGA." So after 10 mins on the phone with this guy I decided to give up. Any anyone can give a noob some advise this would be greatly appreciated...

BTW here is the link to the board if anyone needs it

http://www.tyan.com/product_board_detail.aspx?pid=139

anyone can give a noob some advise this would be greatly appreciated...

well first if your building a gaming PC buy parts that are actully ment for gaming and not for other kinds of computer like umm...... i don`t know Servers!

marsman

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2006
I'm not well today but i seen this on the specs sheet maybe this helps

* NOTE: Use of PCIe x16 riser is necessary for installation of PCIe x16 add-on cards! See this matrix for details: Tyan Riser Card Matrix